Christian Benteke

Kwan

I love Bent and what he brings to the side but I have to say I wouldn't be shocked if PL decides to start a few games with Benteke and Gabby up front and Bent on the bench, if the situation demands it.

I don't think we are going to be as reliant as Benteke as we originally thought. Weimann looks to be stepping up this season, and we now have Gabby back to fitness to push for a place alongside Bent. Looks like healthy competition amongst 4 strikers this season.

You think? He's okay but for me that's it. Hard worker but don't think he'll ever be good enough unless we drop down a division. Happily be proved wrong.

His movement is excellent - it is no coincidence he keeps getting in on goal.

Granted he needs to be a little more composed in front of goal. But that will come with experience and some confidence when he bags one.

He is actually a very good finisher.

However I would imagine his chances will be pretty limited now as he has Bowery for competition too remember.

I love Bent and what he brings to the side but I have to say I wouldn't be shocked if PL decides to start a few games with Benteke and Gabby up front and Bent on the bench, if the situation demands it.

If bent remains fit he may well play two out of three games as an average this season. It was the way Holt was played last season and he scored a hat full.

Benteke should get plenty of match time with at least three of the front men regularly rotating.

Bent is still getting his sharpness back. Selling him makes no sense at all. Once Lambert has them playing the way he wants them, Bent will start scoring goals again. He might end up being second fiddle to Benteke in the fullness of time though.

As Bent is our star striker, I would imagine that he will be picked for the majority of our games, with Benteke and Gabby being rotated.

won't rotating them make them feel a bit dizzy and sick?

21nnp.png

They look like they're having a whale of a time tbh

We now have really interesting options up front with a poacher, a speed merchant, a big unit that can also play and an intelligent second striker. I think this gives Lambert some real options and the ability to make tactical changes.

Still wouldn't mind Robbie Keane back for a few months in January again, possibly allowing Andi to go out on loan and get regular football depending upon how much game time he is getting.

If Benteke is ahead of Lukaka in his development, as I have read, then he could be quite some player.

Also, what a squad Belgium have at the minute!

Â