Christian Benteke

Kwan

Constant talk of him going is boring. When he actually had the chance to go, with a scoring record up there with Messi and Ronaldo guess what happened?  That's right, he stayed. 

Lets just enjoy him and worry about it if/when it happens. 

And yes, he was quality yesterday. 

I was worried that his injury might make him a different (read "less good") player, but he's picking up right where he left off. If anything he's looking sharper so far this season than he did for most of last season.

• Like 2

Could Man City come in for Benteke in January? They need a quality striker and he can play in the Champions League. Obviously dont want it to happen but just have an feeling it could happen

No way, not with FFP. They will need to sell before they can buy.

Anyway, City are only a really good team with one up front and I can't see Benteke wanting to be a bench warmer.

Could Man City come in for Benteke in January? They need a quality striker and he can play in the Champions League. Obviously dont want it to happen but just have an feeling it could happen

No way, not with FFP. They will need to sell before they can buy.

Anyway, City are only a really good team with one up front and I can't see Benteke wanting to be a bench warmer.

£££

Hope your right but never saw Milner joining them. Benteke would give more to Man City that Dezko

• Like 1

Frank Worthington

It's an example I use whenever I see a player basically trying to do too much and I think that concerned me about Benteke yesterday, basically tried to do everything.

Frank Worthington? Well in the late 70's I saw him play for sha and he had to do everything, free kick, corner , throw in even goal kick onecI think. It was basically him or no one and my worry with CB was he was trying too much

Frank Worthington was

another player with incredible skill and ball control. Having Benteke in the team after his long absence is like reaching an oasis in the desert.

Edited by George Curtis

I know what you are saying Steve but there's a danger there that without him we become even more lost and without ideas. I'd just like others to take a bit of the pressure off him is what I think I mean

It's difficult for others to take the pressure off him because he's the only world class player we have. He is a complete striker, physically and technically, and is certainly miles ahead of any of our other players which is why we see such a difference when he plays.

• Like 1

I know what you are saying Steve but there's a danger there that without him we become even more lost and without ideas. I'd just like others to take a bit of the pressure off him is what I think I mean

It's difficult for others to take the pressure off him because he's the only world class player we have. He is a complete striker, physically and technically, and is certainly miles ahead of any of our other players which is why we see such a difference when he plays.

He was getting caught offside a fair bit against Leicester the commentators were saying it was poor him being offside all the time. I couldn't decide whether it was Benteke or that those playing the ball were a bit slow to see the pass. Probably sometimes one, sometimes the other but it's got to be frustrating if you view the game much quicker than teammates.

Â