Christian Benteke

Kwan

I only want players here that the manager has targeted . No swaps or cast offs

Exactly, since we only get cast offs for a reason.

Deal is simples:-

25-30m

No installments

Money up front

Sell on clause agreed

No part player exhanges

If any club is reluctant to meet that, then **** off. We will sell him for more next term.

Edited by MagicMushroom

Is Guidetti actually any good?

Is he still living off that one good season in the Dutch league a few years back?

Yeah he is good.

That season was only the one before this one. In 23 games for Feyenoord he scored 20 goals and nabbed 8 assists. Thats a great return, much better ratio than Benteke managed in an inferior league in the same season at Genk and Guidetti is 2 years younger.

We were actually linked with him quite a bit IIRC, it may have been lazy journalism because we had already signed half of that Feyenoord team Vlaar and KEA from Feyenoord. I'd be willing to take him as part of a swap if he really was on e of Lamberts original targets. £25m and Guidetti

The one problem Guidetti had was at the end of the season he got a mystery virus that left him badly injured for about 3-6 months  or something. I dont think anybody knew what the virus was at the time but it completely stopped him from playing and messed up any transfer he had lined up.***

Anyways, Sunderland would be a logical destination for him, they were trying to sign him last summer before his injury and now his ex-agent is their new Director of Football

EDIT: *** having just read his WIKI apparently the mystery virus was caused by food poisoning, so you'd imagine it wouldn't have done his playing ability any harm like a normal big injury.

Edited by HalfTimePost

You got to love some of the ways these articles are worded the latest i seen was

"Spurs propose shock swap deal to land their man"

With a headline like this you would expect them to be offering Bale in exchange....

Nope just Huddlestone.... Parker.... e.t.c

Laughable

Id take 20million plus Sigurdsson if Lambert was interested. Would give us an attacking threat from midfield and hopefully a hungry player with a point to prove unlike Ireland.

would give Lambert cash to play with

Its media shit isn't it. I don't think anything is going to be done in a hurry. As for loyalty its bollocks, because the club wouldn't show loyalty to a player who isn't performing so why should we expect a player who has been with us less than a year to show loyalty.

Only difference is the club fork out and pay the wages for the player to perform, not vis-versa...

The player is the employee, the club has paid for him to abide to his contract throughout the duration. If the player doesnt want to re-sign at the end of the contract, then fair play, he can leave on a free... but up until then, the player should agree to do the job by the terms he put his signature to in the beginning... If you dont fancy staying at a club for 4 years, dont sign a 4 year contract... Its that simple

If he is going to stay in this country Id prefer him to go to City (or Chelsea for that matter) but I cant see it, he wants game time too much,

I have a horrible feeling he will end up at Liverpool!

I've read this on here loads of times the last week or so and it just seems weird to me. I remember that season when you got all those away wins and looked nailed on for fourth and I was willing you to do it, as I reckon half the country probably was. I loath Chelsea and City and all they stand for, for all my lifer Arsenal were the ones I hated, but these days I can't find it in me (except on match days), but I always want City and Chelsea to **** it up. I even used to quite like City, and admire their fans (35k attendances in League One), but Chelsea can basically **** off, when Abramovich bought them they should have forced them to change their name or something because the Chelsea that went before, and the fans which made that club overnight became irrelevant. Without being bailed out they'd have done a Leeds, and that year you almost came fourth you would have been! I think that what I'm saying makes sense, feel rivalry for the proper clubs, but contempt for the plastic ones, so what I don't get is why all the love for plastic Chelsea and City on here, and the hatred for a rival, but a proper club like we are?

Id take 20million plus Sigurdsson if Lambert was interested. Would give us an attacking threat from midfield and hopefully a hungry player with a point to prove unlike Ireland.

That would work.

The problem with pretty much anybody decent in te Spuds squad is that they earn far more than most of our current squad...Wiemann, Guzan and Gabby were among our top performers last year, with our current plan, I don't think we should be paying any new comer more than them...

If he is going to stay in this country Id prefer him to go to City (or Chelsea for that matter) but I cant see it, he wants game time too much,

I've read this on here loads of times the last week or so and it just seems weird to me. I remember that season when you got all those away wins and looked nailed on for fourth and I was willing you to do it, as I reckon half the country probably was. I loath Chelsea and City and all they stand for, for all my lifer Arsenal were the ones I hated, but these days I can't find it in me (except on match days), but I always want City and Chelsea to **** it up. I even used to quite like City, and admire their fans (35k attendances in League One), but Chelsea can basically **** off, when Abramovich bought them they should have forced them to change their name or something because the Chelsea that went before, and the fans which made that club overnight became irrelevant. Without being bailed out they'd have done a Leeds, and that year you almost came fourth you would have been! I think that what I'm saying makes sense, feel rivalry for the proper clubs, but contempt for the plastic ones, so what I don't get is why all the love for plastic Chelsea and City on here, and the hatred for a rival, but a proper club like we are?

We can still catch Spurs and Liverpool in the next few years but Chelsea and City might as well be playing in a different league. They are not on our radar.

• Like 2

It's not about City Or Chelsea "love" mate it's about the fact that we know we realistically have no chance of ever catching them. Why should we strengthen our competitors? Even if Spurs are ahead of us now.

Off Topic I know, but do Spurs really need much more than a Striker? At the moment, I think Benteke is what stands between them and Arsenal. Put Benteke in that Spurs side last season and they would've been 4th in my opininon. Depends how much Arsenal improve

spurs have a very good first 11, the problem with benteke is he could still be a one season wonder. Papis cisse last season a good example.

To be fair Cisse was a half-season wonder, like Jelavic.

And Papis Cisse has identified NUFC as the 'infidel' as part of some sort of shirt sponsorship hokum.

How much is Sigurdsson on and would he drop it?

These type of players are out of touch whilst we have our current pay structure.

Edited by MagicMushroom

I'd prefer we just went for a full cash deal.

The problem with taking players in exchange is that they're probably not to happy about being shipped out so a better player can come in. They might have a point to prove or they might do an 'Ireland'. The club already got it's fingers burned on that deal, let's not do the same again.

We can still catch Spurs and Liverpool in the next few years but Chelsea and City might as well be playing in a different league. They are not on our radar.

It's not about City Or Chelsea "love" mate it's about the fact that we know we realistically have no chance of ever catching them. Why should we strengthen our competitors? Even if Spurs are ahead of us now.

I know what you mean there, I'd prefer Bale to go abroad rather than to an English club, and felt the same about Modric. On the other hand there seems to be a genuine visceral loathing amongst some on here for us, but nothing like the same level of vitriol aimed at City, or Chelsea, despite both historically being smaller, less successful clubs than Villa. I guess part of that is because the circumstance of the current Benteke thing, and also not helped when smarmy Spurs fans come posting on your boards too (sorry for that :)), but if it were coming down to the wire and it looked like being between say Spurs, Liverpool, and Arsenal for that third, fourth spot who do you reckon most on here would want to miss out? I can say if Villa were in that mix, and we weren't, I'd 100% want Villa to do it!

• Like 2

Spurs forum is hilarious:

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by boo viewpost-right.png

I'm guessing that this isn't 'new news' but, if you're like me and not up to date, here's an interesting offer: 

Tottenham are to offer Aston Villa the choice of Benoit Assou-Ekotto, 29, Scott Parker, 32, Jake Livermore, 23, or Tom Huddlestone, 26, along with £20m in exchange for their 22-year-old Belgium international striker Christian Benteke.

[brown]
How about swapping all 4 + zero cash for Benteke.

:lol:

• Like 1

Â