Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

29 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It is amazing the hoops some people will jump through just to save face.

I am sure I will look foolish when Bannan moves to Barcelona and Ethan Moore does fulfill his potential.

It would be much easier to just say I was wrong.

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

course mate

I would never have appointed Sherwood as manager. He might have saved us from relegation but the decisions made after that set us on the path to destruction including decisions made by K.Mac, Garde & Eric Black. 

We had the players in 14/15 to be a lot better than we were and just needed the right manager to come in and build on what was already in place. Instead Sherwood decided to tear it apart. We lost arguably our 2 best players - Benteke & Vlaar. Replaced Guzan (who needed to be backed) with 38 year old, slow and past his best Shay Given. Replaced Clark & Okore (who also needed needed to be backed) with Richards & Lescott. Made Richards captain ahead of Clark who was an obvious choice. Released Senderos. Loaned out Cissokho but kept Richardson. Loaned out Gardner. Failed to get Gabby fit.. Didn't use Gil or Kozak. Barely used Traore. Preferred Richardson ahead of Amavi. Used Sanchez as a CB. Didn't try Bacuna again in CM after he impressed in a game early in the season. Failed to get rid of Sherwood sooner and appoint a manager like Allardyce or Pulis. Appointed K.Mac as interim manager. Appointed Remi Garde. Invested so much time and energy into 3 ordinary attacking players - Gestede, Veretout & Ayew. Waited 20 games before giving Kozak an opportunity. Kozak gets injured. Traore gets injured. We spend nothing in the January transfer window. Season over.

That's why we were relegated.

Edited by Michael118

22 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I don't know why he's played so little. I haven't watched him play for Burnley. I watched most of his games for us and I rated him and Burnley fans seem to rate him as well.

You were using games he didn't feature in or barely featured in to form an argument that he hasn't been influential. You can't be influential if you're not getting games.

In the games he has been given he's performed well and the team's performed well according to the stats and according to the opinion of their fans.

You also referred to your stats as showing how Burnley "slumped down the table when he joined" insinuating it had something to do with Westwood even though he rarely featured and when he did feature prominently they performed well. If that's not scapegoating I don't know what is.

I didn't insinuate anything. I actually said 'Burnley slumped down the table when he joined'? Is this not fact? Should I say, Burnley done really well in the table when he joined? But they didn't! Shall I lie? The fact is, at the time Burnley were mid table and then at the end of the season Burnley were right near the bottom! I haven't said 'purely, as a result of signing Westwood, Burnley became shit' have I? I'm only stating a fact! It's not scapegoating. It's not scapegoating to say that Burnley earned 3 points in 24 after he joined In the games he was involved in. Because it's fact. Would I think any of the players involved during that period were doing well? Absolutely not!! Are they ALL scapegoats too? 

You haven't even seen him play in a Burnley shirt and yet seem happy to sit here and defend him so much based on Burnley fans opinions. Perhaps, Burnley fans are just more happy to make up the premier league numbers and more happy with their club in general and are more complimentary than some on here? We have every right to have a go at the players involved in our demise as well as the management without them being scapegoats. 1 win in half a season and a bit when Westwood has been playing is about all I need to know because it's those exact kind of stats which put us in this shit tip now. A lot of bad decisions (which you've made a very good post on) were made, but not giving 100% as players on a pitch no matter what the circumstances is **** inexcusable. Westwood, like many other players, is guilty of this.

**** scapegoat, Jesus Christ.

• Like 2

1 player can't have such a drastic effect on a team's fortunes for better or worse, much less a holding midfield player.

Also just because a team is doing bad doesn't prelude individual  players from playing well. I'm sure there were some Burnley players in good form despite their bad run as a team. 

6 hours ago, Xela said:

On the bench today for Reading. 

How can they bench such a vital player?!

It's baffling isn't it?

Quote from a Reading fan -

"The midfield was a shambles, Edwards looked badly off the pace especially in the first half. Bacuna (and Evans) badly missed".

• Like 1

Bacuna impressive again in Reading's 0-2 defeat to Swansea...

*Moore, as usual, was Mr Reliable and I thought Bacuna had a good game. He was very unlucky to get booked after Fer's very obvious (from my view) dive!

*THE GOOD - I like the look of Bacuna. Strong, competitive but also has some real quality and the ability to play forward. Also, we are technically even better than last season in terms of possession and movement. If anything we were slightly better than Swansea in that aspect.

*I thought Evans was the best player on the pitch, followed closely by Bacuna.

*My ratings, fwiw, most of the team were decent, Bacuna good, Swift off the pace (but hardly surprising) and Clement very ineffectual. And we needed a striker.

*Bacuna played well and should definitely start against Hull.

*I agree Popa was good and thought Bacuna showed experience against some of their quality players.

*Bacuna is quality and fits into our style of play really well. Doesn't panic on the ball and breaks up play well. Needs to start.

*I also am getting to really like Bacuna. Does what Williams did except better, quicker and more positively.

*Bacuna is a growing influence every time I see him play.

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=138397