Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

After last night amavi lucky to get a game for local pub team

No. The second someone doesn't play for us, be it through injury, suspension, manager's selection or being sold they suddenly become Maradona reincarnated.

Didn't you hear Westwood is up for the Ballon D'or for single handedly dragging Burnley to safety. * despite not playing all that much.

If only we had given Bacuna another 4 years to find himself a position, if only we had blown through another half a dozen managers trying to get him to look half competent in this league. If only we had given him another 5 year deal and excused his shit performances week and week, along with his shitty, cancerous attitude. If only, but we didn't.

...and now he is getting mild praising reviews at Reading. What have we done? Next stop, he will scoring in the Champions league and we will be old and past it, and filled with nothing but regret. Why ever did we let him go? Why God why? Take me. Not Bacuna!!!

8 hours ago, Genie said:

One of many players clearly with more ability than showed regularly in claret and blue. Amavi will be another to move onto better things.

Bacuna isn't going to be moving on to better things. 

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

If only we had given Bacuna another 4 years to find himself a position, if only we had blown through another half a dozen managers trying to get him to look half competent in this league. If only we had given him another 5 year deal and excused his shit performances week and week, along with his shitty, cancerous attitude. If only, but we didn't.

...and now he is getting mild praising reviews at Reading. What have we done? Next stop, he will scoring in the Champions league and we will be old and past it, and filled with nothing but regret. Why ever did we let him go? Why God why? Take me. Not Bacuna!!!

I was just posting to say he is better than the majority of his latter performances for Villa (in my opinion), but then I remembered that this is the internet which obviously means I actually think he's the undisputed greatest player who ever lived.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Genie said:

One of many players clearly with more ability than showed regularly in claret and blue. Amavi will be another to move onto better things.

That's the thing about why he was crap for us though...he has no ability.

12 hours ago, Genie said:

I was just posting to say he is better than the majority of his latter performances for Villa (in my opinion), but then I remembered that this is the internet which obviously means I actually think he's the undisputed greatest player who ever lived.

You should know not to post anything even remotely positive about any past or current Villa player who is labelled "shit".

After all, Bacuna thinks he can play in the Champions League!!!112.  Yawn.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest comments on Bacuna from Reading fans...

"It feels a bit like Edwards and Bacuna are slightly more complete players than our longer serving midfielders".

"Loved watching Bacuna boss the midfield against Birmingham on Saturday".

"Bacuna was great and controlled the midfield tempo well".

"Bacuna 7 - Pretty good on the whole".

"Bacuna 7 - Liked him, might be what we have been looking for".

"Bacuna is twice the player Williams was and shaved the post twice".

"...on another day Bacuna would have got a hat trick".

"Bacuna showed some glimpses of real quality".

"Thought the new boys looked good - Bacuna, Barrow, Aluko and Bodvarsson are quality".

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Michael118 you must have a lot of different Reading forum usernames ;)

good for him if doing well at Reading, once I never see him play for Villa again I am also happy

B) :P

Actually it's a quiet forum. Those comments and the ones I posted on the previous page is basically everything that's been written about him.

On 10/08/2017 at 08:00, Mjvilla said:

How is he INFLUENTIAL though? In any way? After he joined, Burnley won 3 Games. The first win, Westwood wasn't in the squad. The second win,  Westwood sat on the bench for the whole 90 minutes. He started and played the whole 90 in 1 win in half a season at Burnley.

In the other 8 games Westwood was involved in albeit coming off the bench or starting and being subbed or playing 90, Burnley earned 3 points. 3 points from a possible 24 in which Westwood was involved in! Influential. Not on your nelly.

Here you go @Michael118, I found it. 

This, coupled with 16 minutes in 4 games this season and your defence of Westwood looking pretty pathetic.

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

Here you go @Michael118, I found it. 

This, coupled with 16 minutes in 4 games this season and your defence of Westwood looking pretty pathetic.

So you're holding him responsible for games he didn't feature in or games he played in for 4, 10 & 13 minutes?

His record playing a full 90 mins is 1-2-1 which is ok considering the 2 draws came against Chelsea and West Brom.

The other 2 games he featured in significantly was a 1-1 away draw at Hull where he was equal highest rated player on the pitch according to the Daily Mail and a 1-2 loss against West Ham on the last day of the season. 

Typical Westwood scapegoating.

30 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

So you're holding him responsible for games he didn't feature in or games he played in for 4, 10 & 13 minutes?

His record playing a full 90 mins is 1-2-1 which is ok considering the 2 draws came against Chelsea and West Brom.

The other 2 games he featured in significantly was a 1-1 away draw at Hull where he was equal highest rated player on the pitch according to the Daily Mail and a 1-2 loss against West Ham on the last day of the season. 

Typical Westwood scapegoating.

So, the question begs then, if he has been doing so well on the pitch.... then why has he played so little? 

I never once said I hold him responsible. Just responding to people who say he's been 'influential' or 'had a good start' when the stats say otherwise quite dramatically. He's had 1 or 2 good performance in half a season and a bit and he's doing well? Not for me, if you think that's good then good for you, but I don't.

I don't think this is Westwood scapegoating in the slightest either, I backed Westwood right till the end if you read the thread instead of throwing untrue accusations out. 

43 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

So, the question begs then, if he has been doing so well on the pitch.... then why has he played so little? 

I never once said I hold him responsible. Just responding to people who say he's been 'influential' or 'had a good start' when the stats say otherwise quite dramatically. He's had 1 or 2 good performance in half a season and a bit and he's doing well? Not for me, if you think that's good then good for you, but I don't.

I don't think this is Westwood scapegoating in the slightest either, I backed Westwood right till the end if you read the thread instead of throwing untrue accusations out. 

I don't know why he's played so little. I haven't watched him play for Burnley. I watched most of his games for us and I rated him and Burnley fans seem to rate him as well.

You were using games he didn't feature in or barely featured in to form an argument that he hasn't been influential. You can't be influential if you're not getting games.

In the games he has been given he's performed well and the team's performed well according to the stats and according to the opinion of their fans.

You also referred to your stats as showing how Burnley "slumped down the table when he joined" insinuating it had something to do with Westwood even though he rarely featured and when he did feature prominently they performed well. If that's not scapegoating I don't know what is.