Sign in to follow this  
Jordanderve

Leandro Bacuna

this is the problem with utility players, they're not very good anywhere.

This.

Useful to have on the bench though.

He will never make it as a full back

He will never make it as a winger.

He'll never be an important first team players for us, he isn't good enough nor consistent enough in any position. He has something to offer as a squad/utility man though.

He is a decent player, young athletic and picked up a few assists last season. He's the best crosser of a ball we have at the club

The pure enthusiastic work rate and athleticism of Bacuna mark him out as at least a very useful squad player.  Throw in his delivery and sudden moments of absolute class (crosses, through balls, surging runs) and I'd be disappointed to see him go.

An oddly crucial year for the guy.  Will he be able to fully integrate himself into a dynamic team, and match their quality, or will he be our lurking 'secret weapon' plan B?

All those calling for him to play as a winger... actually looks better at full back.

Seems better coming on to the ball with a bit more space to cross than being isolated / in a tight area to get a cross over. 

Really not got his freekick boots on tonight

• Like 1

yeah he has actually had a decent game in midfield but his set-pieces are poor tonight

• Like 1

Don't like him playing at RB. Feels like he's always only a moment away from making a terrible mistake.

I think he did well.  I got pretty scared when he had to defend Gradel, but Gradel pretty much disappeared after his first few minutes. 

I say keep him in that spot. He might give up some goals, but I think he can become a very good right back. He plays attacking like Sherwood wants. 

Edited by Czechlad