Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

50 minutes ago, bobzy said:

So all direct free kicks which are scored are flukes?

Not if the player regularly scores them, no. 

However, that doesn't apply to Bacuna does it? He hasn't scored a free kick for years and most efforts I've seen him make have been hopeless. 

Anyway, you can't argue vocabulary with a poster called lexicon :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael118 said:

@Villan_of_oz

From the transfer thread:

I'd like to know his rating from when Tim Sherwood took over to the end of the season. His best performances and most if not all of his assists came after Sherwood arrived.

Looking at his stats for the whole of 14/15, he made 19 appearances averaging 0.45 assists per game which was better than any other defender in the Premier League by a mile and 3rd in the Premier League overall behind Cesc Fabregas and Angel Di Maria. Fabregas and Di Maria were 1st and 3rd for total number of assists that season with 18 and 10.

@Michael118, mate this isn't a witch hunt against you and your opinions but if you take a small enough sample size a lot of players look awesome. 

Bacuna has been here 5 seasons, he has done OK at times..... Scored a few lovely goals put in some nice crosses and the like. 

However over 5 seasons if I had to pick one word to describe it wouldn't be a complimentary word. 

I respect your opinion but it won't help change mine. 

To be fair to Bacuna and his free kicks, the last couple of years he hasn't had many opportunities to take free kicks as he hasn't played that much or has not been the preferred free kick taker. I have no idea about the stats, but I would guess that his goals per taken free kick is not that bad in comparision to our other players over the last couple of years, simply because he has scored two or three. Regardless of that, he is still the player I most want to leave the club in the summer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

@Michael118, mate this isn't a witch hunt against you and your opinions but if you take a small enough sample size a lot of players look awesome. 

Bacuna has been here 5 seasons, he has done OK at times..... Scored a few lovely goals put in some nice crosses and the like. 

However over 5 seasons if I had to pick one word to describe it wouldn't be a complimentary word. 

The sample I chose is relevant because I've always thought the whole team underperformed under Lambert and the season after everyone was awful and we were relegated. Since then players have moved on and look 10 times the players they did when they were here.

Sherwood more than likely would have given Bacuna a lot of freedom which would have suited him to a tee and we had a number of quality centre backs that season to keep us stable at the back. 

How many of our other players have excelled over the last 5 seasons? How many have lasted 5 seasons and 7 different managers?

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

The sample I chose is relevant because I've always thought the whole team underperformed under Lambert and the season after everyone was awful and we were relegated. Since then players have moved on and look 10 times the players they did when they were here.

Sherwood more than likely would have given Bacuna a lot of freedom which would have suited him to a tee and we had a number of quality centre backs that season to keep us stable at the back. 

How many of our other players have excelled over the last 5 seasons? How many have lasted 5 seasons and 7 different managers?

Like I said, neither of us are changing our points of view. The rest is moot. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was a little surprised to find Bacuna playing for Curacao in the gold cup right now. He isn't with the squad in Portugal. Curacao are in a group with Mexico, Jamaica, and El Salvador so I can see Bacuna's nation finishing dead last. Although apparently the two of the best 3rd place nations advance as well. 

44 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I was a little surprised to find Bacuna playing for Curacao in the gold cup right now. He isn't with the squad in Portugal. Curacao are in a group with Mexico, Jamaica, and El Salvador so I can see Bacuna's nation finishing dead last. Although apparently the two of the best 3rd place nations advance as well. 

We won 2 - 0 :P

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We won 2 - 0 :P

I watched the 2nd half of the match and I was very confused by what Bacuna is even playing. When attacking, Bacuna was playing almost a defensive mid role, but when defending, Bacuna was playing next to the strikers. It's like he decided not to jog more than 5-10 past the center circle for the whole match. 

11 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I watched the 2nd half of the match and I was very confused by what Bacuna is even playing. When attacking, Bacuna was playing almost a defensive mid role, but when defending, Bacuna was playing next to the strikers. It's like he decided not to jog more than 5-10 past the center circle for the whole match. 

To be fair, I imagine playing for Curacao means everything to Bacuna. He can finally strut around the place and be able to back up his billy big bollocks attitude. I bet he is like a pig in shit.

On 27/06/2017 at 03:14, Michael118 said:

A lot of this is just so all over the place I can't help but giggle. So, the whole team underperformed, yet lambert kept us up. Then the next season we go down and everyone is awful. I think, given the shit he put up with, lambert done brilliantly to keep us up as long as he did. Proven the next year after he left when we went down and everyone was shit.

this isn't the first time I've seen you praise sherwood in his use of bacuna? Do you mean the sherwood who had that terrible start to the season? Judging by what you've said here, you'd prefer sherwood to lambert which is verging on insanity. 

The last paragraph is the most bizarre. You have regularly said that you thought a lot of our players are good enough just that they weren't used correctly by inept managers. Now you're using those managers as a defence of a player that survived all of their ineptitude. It's almost like you're arguing with yourself. :huh:

• Like 1

For the players we had I thought we underperformed under Lambert. I was never in favour of the Sherwood appointment. I was vehemently against it. I think he got a manager bounce along with the fact his style was so contrasting to Lambert's that the shackles came off and players like Bacuna and Benteke benefited.

I don't and have never preferred Sherwood to Lambert. Not rating Sherwood does not mean I can't attribute some successful outcomes to him even if ultimately he failed miserably.

I hope that clears it up for you.

Edited by Michael118

On 6/26/2017 at 23:23, Keener window-cleaner said:

To be fair to Bacuna and his free kicks, the last couple of years he hasn't had many opportunities to take free kicks as he hasn't played that much or has not been the preferred free kick taker. I have no idea about the stats, but I would guess that his goals per taken free kick is not that bad in comparision to our other players over the last couple of years, simply because he has scored two or three. Regardless of that, he is still the player I most want to leave the club in the summer.

You do realise that both Richards and Agbonlahor are still here. As is Hutton. 

• Like 2

On 6/27/2017 at 00:25, Villan_of_oz said:

I genuinely didn't realise he had been here this long!:wacko:

The rhythmic beats of Caribbean music echoed through USD’s Torero Stadium on Friday morning as the soccer players from Curacao, an island of 150,000 off the coast of Venezuela, prepared for practice. They laughed, they joked, they danced.

Worth reading

I want to go on holiday to Curacao now. 

• Like 1