Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I thought he was Dutch? Obviously not though, has nothing to do with the fact he can't get in the Dutch side of course.

It will be good to have him back from suspension though, he was the best player on the pitch prior to that stupid red card... what was he thinking!? Anyway, he might be a hot head, but he is half decent when he playsarrow-10x10.png well.

Curacao was a Dutch colony. Possibly dual nationality or parents/grandparents born in Curacao?

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I don't really get the hate for Bacuna.

It's all about the taken out of context "champions league ambition" quotes along with the fact it coincided with our worst season in modern history.

Everybody had the pitchforks out.

I think it's more in jest these days though.

12 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Curacao was a Dutch colony. Possibly dual nationality or parents/grandparents born in Curacao?

Yep, that's how it works, I just think it likely that were he able to get in the Dutch side, he'd probably forget his allegiance to Curaçao. 

I've nothing against Bacuna, I think he's a good player.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

Well ill advised comments aside, I don't think he has improved one but since he has been here, infact I think he has regressed as a footballer. He looked technically decent when he first came. Just doesn't look like someone who has tried to develop or improve ( albeit in terrible circumstances) I just get the impression he is very, very, very comfortable.

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Yep, that's how it worksarrow-10x10.png, I just think it likely that were he able to get in the Dutch side, he'd probably forget his allegiance to Curaçao. 

I've nothing against Bacuna, I think he's a good player.

Ah, sorry. I took it too literally. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

Hate is a strong word, but last season I disliked the guy. I never wanted him to play for this club again. Nothing to do with his champions league comments which for me were blown out of proportion (even if they were poorly made and timed). It was the fact that he walked round the pitch without a care in the world, he was laughing and joking and not even trying on the pitch. However, this season whilst still being a poor player, at least he has tried (same could be said of gabby). 

I don't hate him, but I sure as hell don't rate him very much either. He just isn't very good. 

I did hate him last season, for a brief period after his 50 yard assist for Shane Long, which was the most pathetic, half-assed, responsibility-shirking disaster I've ever seen. But yeah, I concede he tries this season. Nevertheless, I'll be very disappointed if he makes more than half a dozen appearances for us next season. 

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't hate him, but I sure as hell don't rate him very much either. He just isn't very good. 

I did hate him last season, for a brief period after his 50 yard assist for Shane Long, which was the most pathetic, half-assed, responsibility-shirking disaster I've ever seen. But yeah, I concede he tries this season. Nevertheless, I'll be very disappointed if he makes more than half a dozen appearances for us next season. 

probably the best pass of his career, though one for Cleverley was a corker too ;) 

19 hours ago, bobzy said:

I just think he is a fairly nothing player who offers and has offered next to nothing in his time here.

As for the hate, he publicaly was pitching for a move when we were heading towards relegation. It hardly made him look committed to the cause, an accusation levelled at him a few times by Collymore.

Hate? No. But I'd love to see the back of him and the other players that contribute next to nothing to the team. Yes Micah I'm looking at you.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, bobzy said:

I don't think many, if any, people hate him.

But lots of people think he isn't very good.

Which he isn't.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Every time Bacuna has played for us this season, he has at least looked like he belongs. He is a great player to have for depth. He runs for the full 90, and can play almost anywhere on the pitch without looking out of place. I am glad we kept him. 

Tend to agree with you here.  Although hes not really good enough atm to hold down a regular place he is invaluable on the bench.

He also has the added benifit of not needing 6 months to settle as any new player will do.

He could be quite important next season!