Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

16 minutes ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

Man of the match today. I've been the first to complain about us having a soft centre so I would be a hypocrite to lambast him. I had a good view of what happened and it was a horrific decision by the linesman. He has ran himself into the ground and was tracking back from a lone centre forward position as we tried to grind out the result and frustration got the better. We see players week in week out square up to the ref often unpunished. Trinity side of the pitch it would of probably been a booking. Worth remembering The Sun are reporting it as a headbutt!!!!!

What a surprise that the Sun are somewhat adjacent to the truth

It's a red card no doubt. However sometimes it makes me wonder why the referee can't man up to agree to the fact that he made a mistake. Instead he went to the head official and said something like "he hit me sir, PUNISH HIM!!" proper wimp style. There's been several incidents like this one in other sports where sometimes a player will boil over due to a horrible decision. Instead of going straight to "PUNISH PUNISH PUNISH" they could have actually taken 20 seconds to talk it out. 

Something along these lines happened in hockey last season where a player got tackled into the boards head first right in front of the linesman, he made no call, and 10 seconds later the guy who recieved said tackle floored said referee while being dazed and concussed. He got 20 games for it, however the whole community supported his decision to take it into his own hands as the referees did nothing to prevent the concussion. He got a huge amount of votes for the NHL all-star game from both the player's association and the fans, while the linesman hid behind the suspension. See the video below.

Sometimes, like with all of us, it boils over. I'm sure the kid will learn from it. Get off his back - he played well today.

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

It's a red card no doubt. However sometimes it makes me wonder why the referee can't man up to agree to the fact that he made a mistake. Instead he went to the head official and said something like "he hit me sir, PUNISH HIM!!" proper wimp style. 

I hate to break it to you but that is his job, to report such incidents...and if I made a mistake at work and someone squared up to me I would be inclined to do so.

HOW THE HELL ARE PEOPLE DEFENDING THIS word removed?

• Like 1

It's not nothing, he deserved a red card and he was an idiot. But i personally don't see him as the pantomime Villain. I don't condone what he did, but i like the fact he cares and shows passion. He should and will be punished but following fines and that ban he will still be a Villa player who we actually need as our team are poor and he can often do a job.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Yes, definate red card and a stupid move....but that's about it.

Overreaction reigns on villatalk shocker 

Just seen it and agree with you.

shame he stupidly got a red but at least I saw some bloody passion from someone in this side!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

It's not nothing, he deserved a red card and he was an idiot. But i personally don't see him as the pantomime Villain. I don't condone what he did, but i like the fact he cares and shows passion. He should and will be punished but following fines and that ban he will still be a Villa player who we actually need as our team are poor and he can often do a job.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just seen it and agree with you.

shame he stupidly got a red but at least I saw some bloody passion from someone in this side!

I'm out of likes but, yeah.

I genuinely don't think he meant to touch the linesman at all. Call me naive but that twitter video doesn't look to me like he's deliberately touched him.

I think he made a huge difference today. Having someone mobile who can get around the pitch has won us a game we'd have lost otherwise imo. Shame he'll miss the next few but as soon as he's available I'd have him straight back in the team.

As an aside, the attitude shown by him, Gardner(albeit for 5 minutes) and Hutton today is exactly what we need to achieve anything. I've had enough of nothing players who show as much fight as Audley Harrison on his worst day. 

It's gotten that predictable. You just know who will be slating just about every player in just about every thread. Yawn. Some of us are seen as defenders but we aren't always defending the players. Just standing up for our right to an opinion. Sorry if it is different to yours......

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

It's gotten that predictable. You just know who will be slating just about every player in just about every thread. Yawn. Some of us are seen as defenders but we aren't always defending the players. Just standing up for our right to an opinion. Sorry if it is different to yours......

Couldn't agree more. The PC brigade can't help but jump on anything or anyone negative to slate the player. Bacuna played with passion today and now he's portrayed like a heavyweight fighting champion by certain people on here.

• Like 3