Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Very good when he is chasing down players, but can take his eye off the ball. Once or twice he went awol and Chelsea had men totally unmarked and, normally, we would have been punished. I do like Bacuna though and he's growing in stature with every game

Was doubtful when we bought him. But he is proving to be a very good player :) he looked well good today! Id the 800,000 euro price people are talking about is right we got a really good bargain, if he keeps this up he will be worth 8 Mill by the end of the season. Looking forward to seeing more of him :)

I like him. I really like him.

However, he needs to switch on a bit more to balls through the channel between him and Vlaar. The linesman helped him out with it a fair bit today.

Everything else stands. His athleticism, his drive, his constant goal threat. But if he can't improve his positioning and keep his head constantly in the game then he's not a long term option at RB. Dependant on our aims being more than just survival of course.

22 years old, has had to settle into a new country and step up to a much better league. The lad is having a good season after a shaky start. At 1 million pound he is arguably pound for pound up there as one of our best signings in recent years.

Edited by markavfc40

He does tend to switch off at times, but I guess he just isn't used to playing in such a defensive position. Like I said previously, he actually only played their for about 5 games at Groningen, so it still must be all new to him.

Since the turn of the year he has been up against Baines, Coutinho, Redmond and Gouffran. Today he had to deal with Hazard, Willian and Oscar all rotating or doubling up. He has somehow managed to put a halt on the immediate threat of every single one of those players, I genuinely think it is outstanding for somebody to do that whilst not even being a natural right back.

How many other right backs in the Premier League can say they could nullify those attacking threats? Not many, I mean they've all pretty much been major threats for their relevant clubs, especially Hazard who has been on fire this season yet barely threatened us at all today.

Easily quadrupled in value since we bought him, and that is at the very least.

if someone was to bid for him, how much would you say is a reasonable price? Because considering his goals and the fact that he can play more or less anywhere (watch out Brad!) I think he should be priced at 6,7 mil+

Benteke said Bacuna is an offensive player but currently filling in at RB.

Which is true, but the problem occurs when we look at the market and think realistically, can we actually get a better right back than him right now? I'd like us to go for somebody like Micah Richards, although players like that cost a fair few pennies and may not even want to join us.

I said for a while that I want Bacuna to play in midfield where he is more comfortable, but as things stand it is beginning to look like he may actually be most comfortable at right back.

Must be bloody mad trying to fight ivanovic and matic at the end

He gives a sh!t, that means a lot.

That's one of the things I really love about him, he seems to genuinely care about the club, or at least the squad (if that makes sense).

I think its fair to say that its one of the things I really love about our entire squad. They all seem to give a shit about each other and the club, they really fight for the badge, even if we play badly you can't fault them for effort. I know I sound like Lambert but it is true, they give 100% in every game and it is clear that it is for one another rather than themselves.

Bacuna hasn't even been at the club for 12 months but he has clearly bought into the team ethos, for all the slandering of tactics and such I do think that it shows good man management.

this is one of the main reasons i can't believe that people so freely boo/abuse/slate our players or managing staff because for the first time in a while we're watching a team full of likeable players who put everything they have into Aston Villa. I certainly wouldn't trade watching them over a team made up of Warnock, Dunne, Ireland, Downing, etc even if they we're able to get a few more points (although that is debatable).

• Like 2

22 years old, has had to settle into a new country and step up to a much better league. The lad is having a good season after a shaky start. At 1 million pound he is arguably pound for pound up there as one of our best signings in recent years.

Did he really have a shaky start? One sort of bad game against Liverpool, after that when he was reinstalled at rb he had a run of solid games.

• Like 1

Oscar, Willian and Hazard all tried yet failed to get the better of him. €800,000. Mockery.

Hazard had him well beat on one move near the corner, but other than that, he shut them down. I hope his head isn't turned by the usual suspects. Definitely a player we need to keep.