Dafabet is our new official sponsor

BOF

You could argue against absolutely any big company if you wanted to. It seems that, and sadly might I add, that another thread has been overtaken by sensationalism. Shame.

You could argue against absolutely any big company if you wanted to. It seems that, and sadly might I add, that another thread has been overtaken by sensationalism. Shame.

You could if you wanted to and there would be nothing wrong with that.

People draw their own lines in the sand and for a lot of people gambling companies fall on the wrong side of that line. 

Calling it sensationalism is a bit unfair just because you don't agree with the stance.

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

Not really my point. The main point was the 2nd half of my post. 

If it was a huge, well known betting company, there wouldn't be uproar. Why weren't people angry about getting Nike as our supplier? I'm sure they, as a huge company, arguably do much worse things to a larger amount of people. 

I believe certain people need to get their own moral compass checked, before passing judgement on anybody else.

Stefan you're opening a different can of ethical worms which I appreciate you probably know little about. If you're talking ethical sourcing (Nike) as an example? Hell even macron dread to think where the kits are made (I'd guess china) then yes, how far do you take it ??

Recent example primark who are currently paying compensation to those Bangladeshi families involved in the factory collapse. Not only now do the big firms (who I consult for) check on child labour etc etc but are now having to structurally check premises around the world.

It's a can of worms.

Visually displaying and promoting an online gambling site on a football shirt is a different issue

How so? Because gambling is a problem in your eyes? And don't patronise me. Don't 'appreciate I know nothing' about it. You don't know me. As Woodytom rightly said (and it's amazing how we finally agree on something! :D ) that Cadbury's contribute towards obesity. You didn't address this:-

CI - Do Cadbury not play a role in the growing obesity problem in the UK?

Eat too much of any food you get obese

Therefore Cadbury's are ONE of the companies that contribute towards obesity. In the same way Dafabet are ONE of the companies that contribute towards betting. Right?

Gamble too much money and you become bankrupt. Isn't it the same thing?

I just find it amazing how you can take a moral stance on this, yet actively promote a company promoting obesity. By the same token, you said some people don't have self-restraint when it comes to gambling, yet some people don't have restraint when it comes to food. Both Dafabet and Cadburys provide a service to people who don't have self-restraint. Obviously it sounds ridiculous when it's put like that, but there are numerous people (and they are probably in the majority) who use gambling services to gamble responsibly, just like there are people who enjoy chocolate as a treat once in a while. 

Apologies if it's going off topic. I just needed to get these thoughts down.

• Like 4

I threw Cadburys in there as a local firm I guess and having been in and out of that business a few times (and played football on their wonderful pitch) I guess I had sentimental attachment to the "good old days". They really did have a passion once for looking after their employees. Bournville village etc etc .

Anyway, I will draw a line now rather than go further OT.

Bollocks propably, but earlier on the wiki there was an information (with link) that Villa wil earn 70 million pounds over 2 years.

Turkish Lira maybe. No way GBP . I'd put money on that ;-)

Bollocks propably, but earlier on the wiki there was an information (with link) that Villa wil earn 70 million pounds over 2 years. 

I don't think that will be in pounds :P

Might be in the local currency where Dafabet are headquartered.

I get the impression that we're a lesser brand because we're sponsored by a betting site.

Yet AC Milan used to be sponsored by Bwin, who now have the shirt sponsorship for Real Madrid, and are a principal sponsor for Man United.

Betting sites are big business and Aston Villa are no less of a brand for having Dafabet as our sponsor.

I think we need a reality check on this thread. If you have followed the financing of the the circus that we all know and love as The Premier League over the last few seasons, you will know that it is a greedy and often insane display akin to a billionaire p*ssing contest.

Most VT posters have complained this season about Randy's unwillingness or inability to join this p*ssing contest, but some of us now want to wrap Randy up in a moral straight jacket that none of our competition are bothered by! The Premier League is a "dog eat dog" environment, and Randy needs to grab every last penny as long as it's legal in order to survive. 

• Like 2

Interestingly our deal with Genting was the 6th best in the Prem at £8m a year

better even than Arsenal if the table I saw is correct

Hopefully the new deal is in that ball park

This is a new name to me and I guess that is why they want an association with us. I am a little concerned that nothing has been said about how much we will make from this deal but I hope it will prove worth it for us as well as for them.

Real shame its another stain on the shirt.

Does the club have no moral or ethical compass.

I've gone with Kuchar 35/1, oousthiuzen 28/1 and as an outsider Els at 100/1

None have started particularly well

CI, I can't actually say what you are, because that would be post on poster, but you are one. And a massive one that that.

:thumb:

Yep, as I thought there'd be one.

What a clearing in the woods you are, and how sad your life is to try and point score against me.

Anyway, as you've taken the time to obsessively look for my posts we'll respond, not to you but more genetically.

I already made clear, this is about others not me. I gamble within my means , not an issue .

This is about the broader message and whether I'm comfortable with what my club portrays to the wider market .

So don't dog my posts anymore , of you have half a brain think about a bigger audience rather than failing on a point scoring basis .