Dafabet is our new official sponsor

BOF

The gold D is a key part of their logo it will come with the white text...the real question is will it have a boarder? I'm thinking/hoping not and it will just be the standalone logo which will look decent on the claret shirt.

Blimey - Serious Question - Who gives a shit? :)

So you're clearly not too fussed on how the kit looks then?

Whilst I enjoy purchasing villa shirts, (have done every season since my parents stopped buying me them :( ...) I do wonder how it will look on me before buying. If I think the logo looks shite on the shirt then I probably wouldn't bother... It plays an important part on whether the shirt looks good or not. IMO of course.

Edited by Tayls

I really don't get the hate towards betting companies. They offer a perfectly legal service that people want.

You may have missed the point

Which is?

Having worked in a bookies for a while, all I can say is while they may be legal, they do pray on some of the most vunerable and needy people in society. I've worked in shops where I'd say 9 out 10 customers had severe gambling problems and these guys were never helped.

• Like 2

I really don't get the hate towards betting companies. They offer a perfectly legal service that people want.

Which is?
Yes they offer a legal service, however it's a service which can lead to massive problems for many people , a problem that is on a massive increase. We will now be normalising the next generation of kids to believe that betting / in play and all this nonsense is part and parcel of the game and sport generally. I don't endorse that and it's a shame my club do. Yes I bet. I can control it (I think).

Not everyone can control it. Its a problem that's only getting bigger .

People should take responsibility for their own actions.... I've hardly ever put a bet on, if I wanted to I would, some company on my teams shirt would not have any affect on that. Just like fat people blaming fast food joints in being fat it's just an excuse.

Anyway I'm going off topic now..

Which is?
Yes they offer a legal service, however it's a service which can lead to massive problems for many people , a problem that is on a massive increase. We will now be normalising the next generation of kids to believe that betting / in play and all this nonsense is part and parcel of the game and sport generally. I don't endorse that and it's a shame my club do. Yes I bet. I can control it (I think).

They aren't the ones that cause these problems. The majority of people can bet without getting addicted or getting into money troubles. It's not like they're forcing people to bet.

The gold D is a key part of their logo it will come with the white text...the real question is will it have a boarder? I'm thinking/hoping not and it will just be the standalone logo which will look decent on the claret shirt.

Blimey - Serious Question - Who gives a shit? :)

So you're clearly not too fussed on how the kit looks then?

Whilst I enjoy purchasing villa shirts, (have done every season since my parents stopped buying me them :( ...) I do wonder how it will look on me before buying. If I think the logo looks shite on the shirt then I probably wouldn't bother... It plays an important part on whether the shirt looks good or not. IMO of course.

For me a football kit is a football kit. You don't wear it to go with a pair of jeans or shoes. You could wear it with anything - nobody is going to go 'that doesn't match that' or 'that looks hideous'. People recognise its a football shirt and your probably wearing it because you support the team rather than it suits you.

• Like 1

Which is?

They aren't the ones that cause these problems. The majority of people can bet without getting addicted or getting into money troubles. It's not like they're forcing people to bet.

It's brainwashing though. "get your laptops and mobile out"

More and more youngsters will get normalised into the gambling culture

Which is?

You don't endorse it?

Didnt you put £20 on England to beat Ireland at stupid odds like 4/11 just to make the game interesting?

• Like 1

Which is?

You don't endorse it?

Didnt you put £20 on England to beat Ireland at stupid odds like 4/11 just to make the game interesting?

I don't deny I gamble. I'm in control of MY gambling. I only bet what I don't need.

Not everyone has the discipline and control I have

Which is?

Brainwashing? FFS it's just advertising.

Which is?

You don't endorse it?

I don't deny I gamble. I'm in control of MY gambling. I only bet what I don't need.

Right, but with your point regarding food - Its down to the person. Doesn't matter whether the sponsorship is cars, alcohol, food or betting. If you are not in control then problems can arise.

What positive image would JLR have on young kids?

CI - Do Cadbury not play a role in the growing obesity problem in the UK?

Eat too much of any food you get obese

Therefore Cadbury's are ONE of the companies that contribute towards obesity. In the same way Dafabet are ONE of the companies that contribute towards betting. Right?

Amazing

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Which is?

That would make an amusing slogan :)

Advertising agency's hire psychologists for a reason you know. 

Which is?

You don't endorse it?

Right, but with your point regarding food - Its down to the person. Doesn't matter whether the sponsorship is cars, alcohol, food or betting. If you are not in control then problems can arise.

What positive image would JLR have on young kids?

Other than it being a local company and community spirit etc pretty much nothing. You could argue that JLR supply into corrupt governments ha ha

• Like 1

The naivety of some on here, Lolz

Which is?

Ha ha ha

I rest my case

Real shame its another stain on the shirt.

Does the club have no moral or ethical compass.

this from a guy who abused a former player as taking the year off  with no proof when he was released..

moral and ethical compass :D

• Like 2

Which is?

As they are an online gambling company surely that makes the Internet equally culpable so you should boycott the web as well

Firstly, I hope we got a good deal, I trust it's the best we could get so that's good news. Hopefully the money will work out well for us. They'll definitely be getting at least 10 seconds on MOTD every week.

Secondly, and purely personally, no shirt with sponsor for me again this season. I can live with that. I can't be advertising a gambling company. I loved Acorns, and I'll stick with my "old" acorns gear.