Dafabet is our new official sponsor

BOF

i hate gambling sites, not exactly family orientated, biggest scam going

another seasons shirt i wont be buying anyway

Me and my family have some cracking days watching the racing and having a bet online. i dont see them as a scam at all.

nothing exciting about numbers so imguesisng probably peanuts deal

To be fair we are a bottom end of the league team with no top quality stars. I doubt we will be able to get massive sponsorship.

Like it or not, betting sites are major sponsors in all sports. Real Madrid are sponsored by former AC Milan sponsor Bwin for example.

And, you know what, it makes perfect sense too.

Like sport? Yes, I'm watching the game...

Like a little flutter? Yes

Why not have a look at our site...

Now the advertising premise is ineffective if the answer to the second question is 'no'. It's not going to turn non-gamblers into gamblers, but may convert someone from another betting site.

In terms of 'thinking of the children', I'm pretty sure they are aware that gambling sites and betting shops are out there. How old were you when you had your first look at the odds on the grand national for instance?

As with anything deemed taboo to kids - be it sex, drugs, booze or gambling - pretending they don't exist and not talking about it are rarely the answer.

Education and discussion about these types of things are the key to them growing up responsibly.

Top post. Have a like.

Now the advertising premise is ineffective if the answer to the second question is 'no'. It's not going to turn non-gamblers into gamblers, but may convert someone from another betting site.

That is pretty naive. They will be looking for potential new gamblers just as much as converting existing customers from other companies. What better way to make gambling more acceptable and encourage non gamblers give it a go than advertise on their favourite teams shirt? Edited by LondonLax

That is pretty naive. They will be looking for potential new gamblers just as much as converting existing customers from other companies. What better way to make gambling more acceptable and encourage non gamblers give it a go than advertise on their favourite teams shirt?
Sure, I used a very broad sword when saying it wouldn't tempt people into having a flutter, but we also have to make the distinction between having a flutter and have a gambling problem.

Will that newbie then go on to have a gambling problem....possibly, I don't know. Should that stop everyone else knowing about that particular brand....not in my opinion.

Do we think many alcoholics were created because of Everton's shirt?

I'm just worried about the nanny state mentality, and blackouts, banning and censorship are no way to deal with problems in society.

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 1

Guessing they were highest bidder and that is all that matters..

Highest bidder from how many back street merchants i wonder. They are paying us cash so fine. But its hardly a brand to be associated with imo.

Edited by MagicMushroom
  • Like 1

That is pretty naive. They will be looking for potential new gamblers just as much as converting existing customers from other companies. What better way to make gambling more acceptable and encourage non gamblers give it a go than advertise on their favourite teams shirt?
Sure, I used a very broad sword when saying it wouldn't tempt people into having a flutter, but we also have to make the distinction between having a flutter and have a gambling problem.

Will that newbie then go on to have a gambling problem....possibly, I don't know. Should that stop everyone else knowing about that particular brand....not in my opinion.

Do we think many alcoholics were created because of Everton's shirt?

I'm just worried about the nanny state mentality, and blackouts, banning and censorship are no way to deal with problems in society.

I agree with you, and the rest of your post I quoted. I just wanted to pull up that point.

• Like 1

sponser should look pretty decent on the shirt if we are looking at the logo. And thats all that I care about, unless there is a beer company like carlsberg or whatever, i don`t really give a damn unless the logo is atrocious. This one looks pretty fine in my eyes so its all good :)

good to hear Acorns are still involved somehow

Out of all our shirts the one with Acorns across the front is my personal favorite.

Raising awareness for a charity whilst simultaneously sticking 2 fingers up at other teams commercial greed made me proud to be a Villa fan.

Real shame it could not have continued;  However you are right, really glad they are still being considered!

• Like 2