Dafabet is our new official sponsor

BOF

Well it isn't. I'm talking about the debate in this thread. Numerous people have offered up points and debate and you've either completely ignored what they've said, or dismissed it as point scoring. Being distinctively blunt, born out of frustration? Maybe. Abuse? No.

Gambling is awesome . I'd imagine a fair few people on here buy lotto tickets or put an accumulator on at the weekend . There is nothing immoral about it . You know the risks and it is a choice at the end of the day !

Yeah, gambling is great fun. During the footie season I spend a tenner every weekend on accumulators and put 2 or 3 on. Makes saturday afternoons more interesting.

There will always be a few people who get addicted to it but thats their own fault.

If this was the best financial deal for Villa then im all for it.

Gambling is awesome . I'd imagine a fair few people on here buy lotto tickets or put an accumulator on at the weekend . There is nothing immoral about it . You know the risks and it is a choice at the end of the day !

Agree with this. But then I just don't get gambling addiction at all. It's great fun, enough fun that very occasionally you might overdo it, but get ADDICTED to it? So really the whole moral objection to gambling is quite lost on me.

Still, there are undeniably people who do get addicted to it, but it's not as though they're struggling to find outlets for their addiction and Aston Villa have come along and provided one by putting an ad on their shirt.

• Like 1

And by the way I do see a difference between playing the lottery, betting in the National etc and online gambling straight to your smartphone, and in play seduction.

Totally on another level now.

Care to explain the difference? At least one relies on skill instead of plain luck.

The difference is huge. It's the leap into the digital age, into your living room, into the palm of your hand

"more than 40 in play markets"

It's creating a culture of gambling on a much unhealthier level. A level where statistics are already bearing out the end results being very sad and very destructive.

To see my team running about with another online gambling site emblazoned across the chest is hugely disappointing and depressing.

Sad times indeed.

The final paragraph is all just veiled, childish, pathetic patronising abuse.

CI no disrespect but a lot of people find your posts patronising.

No disrespect to you but we have previous. Therefore your posts about me are not impartial.

And by the way I do see a difference between playing the lottery, betting in the National etc and online gambling straight to your smartphone, and in play seduction.

Care to explain the difference? At least one relies on skill instead of plain luck.

The difference is huge. It's the leap into the digital age, into your living room, into the palm of your hand

It's creating a culture of gambling on a much unhealthier level. A level where statistics are already bearing out the end results being very sad and very destructive.

To see my team running about with another online gambling site emblazoned across the chest is hugely disappointing and depressing.

Sad times indeed.

A hundred pounds says gambling is nothing new.

I have my phone out right now. I've just ordered Nike clothing and Adidas shoes.

I'm going to order a pizza, with my Dominos app, order 10 bars of Nestle chocolate and a crate of beer with my ASDA app and then when I'm obese and addicted to alcohol, I'll place a single bet a week using the William Hill app.

The digital age is worldwide and widespread.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

No, you're missing the point. Gambling is different to buying a pair of trainers. I think you know this but you're trying to just fight a losing battle .

Gambling involves chasing losses, more and more. To the point you're in so deep you're **** and your family is ****, you're life is ruined.

Another poster put links to 2 very good articles earlier. Please take the time to read them and educate yourself a bit more.

The stats are real. They are not fabricated guff.

No one is denying that gambling addiction is a problem and that it can ruin people's lives but that isn't really the fault of the betting companies. It is up to the individual to bet responsibly.

No, you're missing the point. Gambling is different to buying a pair of trainers. I think you know this but you're trying to just fight a losing battle .

Gambling involves chasing losses, more and more. To the point you're in so deep you're **** and your family is ****, you're life is ruined.

Another poster put links to 2 very good articles earlier. Please take the time to read them and educate yourself a bit more.

We get it. Gambling ruins some people's lives. What you don't get is that there are lots and lots of other things that ruin some people's lives.

Alcohol ruins lives, but it sure as hell doesn't ruin mine, it makes it BETTER! Like most of us, I couldn't care how much advertising alcohol manufacturers do. When something that gives so many people so much pleasure becomes a problem for a few, it's time to help those few, not to ban, restrict, or stop that thing being enjoyed by the sensible majority.

• Like 3

The final paragraph is all just veiled, childish, pathetic patronising abuse.

I do wonder if you appreciate how ironic you are.

Obesity involves eating, more and more. To the point you're in so deep, that you're **** and your body is **** and your life is ruined.

And the point you keep missing (and what I've stated twice now, further establishing my point you don't read the posts of opposing PoV's) is that I've never denied online gambling causes problems. I've even stated that people have gambling addictions and these sites actively contribute towards that. But again, the point you keep missing is that, like obesity, alcohol addiction and even shopping addiction, people who are addicted are in the minority. To have a moral standpoint against gambling agencies based on 'it can cause addiction' is absolutely ridiculous. Also, how can you possibly have a moral objection to a sector that you actively participate in? Surely, if you were so disgusted with the nature of their business, you'd boycott them completely?
  • Like 2

Nobody forces anybody to gamble.

Not all gamblers get into trouble financially only weak minded people. Some people ruin their lives with drink so lets close every pub and bar and all stay in with a nice cup of tea shall we?

If you chase your losses and ruin your life gambling then you are a bit of a cock. Its as simple as that, you are always going to have a few sob stories here and there but the vast majority of people are not stupid enough to ruin their lives gambling

Edited by KHV

I've admitted I personally gamble. I'm in control of my gambling (which is minuscule really). I care more about others, especially younger people who are becoming more normalised into a gambling culture.

When I was a kid, most people would bet on the grand national once a year and that was it. Today the landscape has changed enormously. Thanks largely to technology and overly aggressive advertising.

Which is the case for absolutely everything these days.

You could start a sentence with 'when I was a kid' with absolutely anything in the modern day and it would make sense. 

EDIT: Pure dedication Trent. Bravo. No doubt you're point scoring though.  :ph34r:

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Gambling is not illegal. Everybody has a choice. It's down to personal responsibility. You cannot ban things because of a small minority.

Anyway, any addiction these days is an illness apparently, so if u catch it I suppose it's just bad luck!

Sad times indeed.

Says you who want's to see our nation go to war because "it will make good TV".

Get off your **** high horse and into the real world matey. 

I've admitted I personally gamble. I'm in control of my gambling (which is minuscule really). I care more about others, especially younger people who are becoming more normalised into a gambling culture.

When I was a kid, most people would bet on the grand national once a year and that was it. Today the landscape has changed enormously. Thanks largely to technology and overly aggressive advertising.

Who are you to decide the adults of tomorrow aren't capable of self control?