Dafabet is our new official sponsor

BOF

My brother in laws mates cousin works for Birmingham city council, today they picked up the rubbish from villa park and found a very disturbing peices of paper, seemingly, the press release anouncing this deal was edited online, below is the paragraph missed off the website

we look forward to draining your bank accounts on a daily basis, and will often offer you excellent odds on Yankee bets that you have no chance of winning, but on the off chance you do win big, we will make sure you piss the lot away on the next game, until your left broken and your wife has no choice but to go on the game to make ends meet

The way some are acting on here, that's what they actually said. End of the day gambling has been happening for centuries. If people want a bet, its up to them. If dafabet wish to use us to advertise there brand whilst paying us money fair do's. I'm still only gonna use paddy power though. and that's the power of advertising.

My beloved club will be linked to a gambling firm going forward. The Villa endorses and encourages gambling. Hate it.

How would you feel if it was sponsored by Carlsberg?

Or Nestlé.

It's too difficult to agree on what's ethical and what's not, it's a dead end discussion.

My point is that there is a certain responsibility to youngsters that a club like Villa has, and that responsibility should not be taken lightly. It's not all about money. Now, I think Villa has made this choice deliberately, knowing and understanding the ethical side of the decision aswell, thereby endorsing and encouraging gambling with all it's negative side effects.

And personally, I don't like it. I'll get over it, but I don't like it.

As for Carlsberg, I get your point, it's so-so.

Nestle is not a brand that I dislike or think is ethically poor. Why do you bring them up?

One way to look at ethics is to follow what someone, who puts their money on where their mouth is, thinks about ethics in compnies: Norway Petroleum Fund. here's a link to a list of excluded companies on their investment universe:

http://www.regjeringen.no/templates/RedaksjonellArtikkel.aspx?id=447122&epslanguage=EN-GB

Nestle should be on the list if it was that bad ethically.

My beloved club will be linked to a gambling firm going forward. The Villa endorses and encourages gambling. Hate it.

Or Nestlé.

One way to look at ethics is to follow what someone, who puts their money on where their mouth is, thinks about ethics in compnies: Norway Petroleum Fund. here's a link to a list of excluded companies on their investment universe:

http://www.regjeringen.no/templates/RedaksjonellArtikkel.aspx?id=447122&epslanguage=EN-GB

Dafabet isn't on there either, so they must be fine. Checkmate.

Edited by Davkaus

BOF posted something about Nestlé a couple of pages back. They're one of the least ethical companies in the world (from what I understand. On my phone so I can't check)

Or Nestlé.

One way to look at ethics is to follow what someone, who puts their money on where their mouth is, thinks about ethics in compnies: Norway Petroleum Fund. here's a link to a list of excluded companies on their investment universe:http://www.regjeringen.no/templates/RedaksjonellArtikkel.aspx?id=447122&epslanguage=EN-GB

Dafabet isn't on there either, so they must be fine. Checkmate.

I would suppose that Dafabet is not big enough or a public company, so it could be regarded as a viable investment object.

Nestle is.

Edit: I am not saying this the right list, but it's one way to look at this complex issue. And they are prepared to give up some of their returns in exchange of being ethical.

Edited by AVTuco

This may have been covered already, I'm not going to sift through all these pages of shit.

Was there this "uproar" when we were sponsored by 32Red.com?

Have these people been outraged by our previous betting partners which we've had for years and years?

This may have been covered already, I'm not going to sift through all these pages of shit.

Have these people been outraged by our previous betting partners which we've had for years and years?

This is my 22nd post here...

Doesn't answer my question...

The internet didn't exist back then

No, it's a brand spanking new idea.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

...and you've already disgraced yourself with your view on sponsorship ;) But never mind, your avatar more than makes up for it :)

...and you've already disgraced yourself with your view on sponsorship ;) But never mind, your avatar more than makes up for it :)

Thank you!

You'll all get your way soon. I've been given 6 warning points for defending and debating my opinion.

This site is like North Korea.

Doesn't answer my question...

Basically what I thought.

I'll take that as a no. There was no uproar when were previously sponsored by more or less the same company.

Or when we've previously had betting partners (since forever)

Or when we were sponsored by a gambling company last year. They had an online site too by the way.

Weird that NOW people seem to be offended.

You'll all get your way soon. I've been given 6 warning points for defending and debating my opinion.

This site is like North Korea.

No gambling in North Korea.

• Like 3