Hal Robson-Kanu (Reading)

Villan4Life

From The-Sun

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4961957/Hal-Robson-Kanu-wants-to-leave-Reading-Aston-Villa-interested.html

HAL ROBSON-KANU has put Aston Villa and West Brom on alert after admitting he wants to quit Reading.

The Wales international, 24, hopes to leave the Madejski following the club’s relegation from the Premier League.

Robson-Kanu was one of the few Royals stars to impress last season after scoring seven goals.

And Villa and the Baggies are keen to sign the talented winger and keep him in the top-flight.

He said: “After coming through the Reading academy it would be hard to leave but in terms of personal ambition I want to play in the Premier League.”

Back to top of page

I of course could be wrong but it doesn't seem likely we'd be interested in him after the signing of Tonev and with who we currently have available. We'll have Tonev, Weimann, Gabby, Albrighton who can play that attacking winger supporting the big man Benteke. I'd be surprised if we signed Robson-Kanu as well.

Yes I agree. With the current players we have plus the possibility of Popov and Belhanda (fingers-crossed) joining, I don't see how Robson-Kanu would get a starting spot. And if he were to be a bench player, would he want that?

I remember him giving Matty Lowton a hard time when we played them. He'll be useful, a wide man not afraid to take players on and can go up front. Certainly wouldn't be against him coming, however we should focus on a centre back before we sign a more advanced players.

Wouldn't say no if the price was right.  One could assume that, where Tonev will be competition/cover for Agbonlahor on the left, Robson-Kanu would be likewise for Weimann on the right.  Likely push Albrighton further down the pecking order and towards the exit door.

The story here is Robson-Kanu wants to quit Reading. I can't see any link with us other than journalist assumptions. He's a decent player, but given the signing we've already made and the target's we're chasing, he won't be on our list of priorities this summer. With Tonev, Albrighton and Carruthers - even if Zog leaves - we have plenty of cover for Gabby and Andi.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1
  • Like 1

The story here is Robson-Kanu wants to quit Reading. I can't see any link with us other than journalist assumptions. He's a decent player, but given the signing we've already made and the target's we're chasing, he won't be on our list of priorities this summer. With Tonev, Albrighton and Carruthers - even if Zog leaves - we have plenty of cover for Gabby and Andi.

Totally agree.

Kanu was one of very few reading players to come through the season with some credibility, his decent and would have him here but reading would want a lot more than what his worth.

If were after any reading player it should be karecan. Very tidy midfielder

Â