Middle Lane Hogging

bickster

Hmmm so more legislation that will have your guilt of rule breaking an opinion. but lets not let a little thing like that get in the way of revenue and profit raising for UK PLC, more "justice" to be rubber stamped by unlawful and illegal courts de facto. I drive down to London and back every 4 days, whilst middle lane hogging is an annoyance, it's in no way the biggest problem, irritation or dangerous driving I experience. At busy times your forced to drive almost exclusively in the middle lane by the land trains of HGV's, otherwise you'd be weaving in and out every minute or so,

As Bicks said the "Elephant racing trucks" (Nice term) are a much bigger problem on the motorways, But then as previously stated, the legislation is about raising revenue and nothing to do with safety or sense.

• Like 2

Just another **** stealth tax

words removed

Well we only exist to provide the revenue to pay the private bankers their Ton of flesh, never mind, most sheeple will have a wine at how terribly unfair it all is and how there's nothing anyone can do but carry on regardless. They will continue to let themselves be farmed and milked

• Like 2

Shall the police (and insurers) start cracking down effectively on motor insurance fraud and it's ever-growing effect and cost increasing more and more each year? Nah let's pour our attention onto middle-lane hogging. Idiots.

As stipulated up here, it's the lorries in the middle lane that cause the most bleeding traffic.

Edited by theunderstudy

I feel that using the word 'sheeple' should immediately invalidate any point that you make.

well thank you for your well considered and delivered statement that adds nothing of value. If you want feel free to add observation or comment on the situation that actually expresses a relevant position

Another vote here for the mass gassing of Truck drivers who like to overtake at a snail pace.

They just love doing it at the bottom of a hill and then have to give up half way up only to pull back into the slow lane.

Twunts.

I'm a big fan of the M25

Lane 1 is lorries and scared pensioners in Nissan Micras doing 56mph

Lane 4 is vans and BMW's doing 58mph

Lanes 2 and 3 are mostly me doing illegals

Its populist crap to divert attention for a day or two.

• Like 2

The motorways will be a much better place for everybody if the traffic flows.   I'm sorry, but if you are the doddering old word removed doing 68mph in the middle lane when there are 300 yards of clear road in front you on the inside lane then you are terrible driver. If you are too nervous to change lanes when it is time to overtake the lorry that you theoretically might see in six or seven minutes then stay off the motorway, clog up the A roads instead or take the train to work. By hogging the middle lane you are cutting a three lane motorway down into a dual carriageway because undertaking is a very dangerous thing to do and the fault of the the person doing the undertaking if there is a crash, even if they feel provoked.  Middle lane hoggers are one of my biggest pet hates.  May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their pubic hair.  

I don't think it's ever correct for the police to be judge and jury. That's not their job and they shouldn't be doing it.

I can't see the number of people getting done under this law being very high.  How do you enforce it?  I can't see how a camera system would work, it would be far too easy to beat on appeal and what is a police officer going to do? Pull somebody over on the hard shoulder of a busy motorway and write them a ticket?  It's legislation put out there to scare people and (hopefully) change their behavior.  I predict it will work, for about three weeks at least and then everybody will go back to normal. 

I do have a bit of sympathy for the lorry drivers though.  My grandad was a lorry driver for years and he explained to me one time just how big a slave to the tachograph they are. Even in his lorry driving days which ended in the 80s he would point out that a driver is boned if he goes over the number of hours he is allowed to be in the chair for, being stuck behind somebody in a slower lorry doing, say 55mph when you are capable of 60 or 65 can mean you lose ten or twenty miles a day. If you are crossing Europe and back that could mean an extra day or two before you make it home.  It is annoying being stuck behind one lorry overtaking another, especially if they decide to make the move when the road is uphill, but at least they have a better reason than the **** who just hog the middle lane because they are too nervous to drive on the motorway properly. 
Edited by The_Rev

I drive almost constantly in the left lane and absolutely detest when morons drive right up my rear when they have two or three lanes to the right to overtake me... I want to drive at 60, let me :P As long as I'm in the left hand lane and there's plenty of space for the speedsters then it's all good.

I used to pan it. Now I get 77mpg and sit in cruise control. I prefer to spend my cash on other things.

So my beef is not with the middle lane hoggers so much as the idiots that won't even venture into the middle lane when they're not happy with me doing 60. When I do go in the middle however, and I rarely go past 80 these days anyway, it is annoying when people go super slow in the middle lane. I'm no fan of undertaking. I've had to do a it a number of times from the left hand lane... and frankly that's just stupid.

No real surprise. Rents, fees and charges are starting to become a bigger source of revenue expenditure so let's make up a few more ways to make everyone more miserable. Arseholes.

Â