Jores Okore

Jesperchr

On 8/27/2016 at 21:21, RaptureJames said:

Interesting to see how that works out for us in the long run.

What would you have said was a fair fee for him/do you see him being sold for double that in the future?

I'd take half a bag of bacon bites for him. Seriously though we'll never get any return on him because he's terrible and won't move for any notable amounts of money. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Another players picked out of that big bag of "highly rated young players that we beat lots of other clubs to signing" who turns out to be utter shite and an abject failure. Keep them coming Villa :thumb:

After a very serious injury.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

There goes our 50% sell on clause. He is being let go after a disaster of a season, just a handful of appearances. Well and truly finished now I imagine.

What the hell happened to him? prior to his injury he was class. He looked unbelievable. 

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What the hell happened to him? prior to his injury he was class. He looked unbelievable. 

I did tell people he was done when he came back and people were moaning about him not being picked. That injury might not have ended his career but it ruined him.

7 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I did tell people he was done when he came back and people were moaning about him not being picked. That injury might not have ended his career but it ruined him.

Damn shame too because at times Okore looked like he could be a decent center back even in the prem. 

I can't believe Vlaar-Okore was our center back pairing for a while. Those two were made of glass. 

His asset was his pace but his injury at the start killed that if honest. He did Ok with Clark for a while but for me a bit of a wasted talent

I still dont believe the crap last season Black spouted for the reason is Black was a rocket polisher

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 08:25, Demitri_C said:

You've answered your own question.

I think you've also gone over the top.

He looked good, I had high hopes that he could be a very good player for us.

But I don't think he was ever "class" or "unbelievable".

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You've answered your own question.

I think you've also gone over the top.

He looked good, I had high hopes that he could be a very good player for us.

But I don't think he was ever "class" or "unbelievable".

When you consider his age, and he looked like one of the bets cbs we had signed in years I don't think that is over the top at all. The injury ruined him unfortunately. 

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

When you consider his age, and he looked like one of the bets cbs we had signed in years I don't think that is over the top at all. The injury ruined him unfortunately. 

He didn't though. He looked very promising.

I agree that the injury ruined him though. Was never the same after that.

• 2 years later...
10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Where did it all go wrong?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villas-jores-okore-i-4317728

Defender Jores Okore believes he was right to snub Chelsea for Villa – even though his Premier League idol is a former Stamford Bridge star.

Okore was a target for the Stamford Bridge outfit in January after impressing against them for FC Nordsjaelland in the Champions League group stages.

But the 20-year-old Denmark international decided against joining Chelsea because he feared that his first team opportunities would be severely limited.

Instead Okore has joined Villa in a £4 million deal to boost his chances of regular football in the English top flight.

“I have a good feeling it was the right decision to turn down Chelsea,” said Okore.

“I feel that I have arrived at a club that believes in me.

• Haha 1

Â