Sign in to follow this  
Jesperchr

Jores Okore

38 minutes ago, BowenAVFC said:

Nice to see him back on the bench today. Would be interesting to see how he'd play alongside Richards.

Or dare I say instead of? Richards is learning to be a CB whereas it's Okore's natural position. Move Richards to RB and partner Okore with whoever isn't the shittest out of Clark & Lescott. Bring back cissokho & Bennet and I'd be happier about our survival hopes. 

38 minutes ago, BowenAVFC said: Nice to see him back on the bench today. Would be interesting to see how he'd play alongside Richards.

Or dare I say instead of? Richards is learning to be a CB whereas it's Okore's natural position. Move Richards to RB and partner Okore with whoever isn't the shittest out of Clark & Lescott. Bring back cissokho & Bennet and I'd be happier about our survival hopes. 

Going off the game so far I agree with that.

Delighted to see him back. Considering its his first appearance since the cup final he done great. I'm hoping he'll remain a starter. 

Looked pretty good after a shaky start, nice to have him back.

Got better as the game went on for me. Definitely one of quite a few positives we have to take from today.  

Great to have him back. Two CBs playing in their respective roles, what a treat. 

Teenage Mutant Ninja Okore equipped himself well.  Composure, desire, ability, a cool head.  May have two ball-playing centre backs when Richards returns.  Daub some warpaint on Hutton, toss a few landmines under the left side of the Villa Park pitch and we may begin to resemble the dictionary definition of 'defence'.

He still plays like a giraffe on roller skates and needs to get a whole lot better before he is worth a regular place

but saying that I'd probably play him over Clark

Hopefully he keeps it up and I never have to witness Ciaran 'lets chase the ball around like a 9 year old' Clark again.

• Like 2

I wonder why all of our managers, Lambert, Sherwood and Garde have been reluctant to play him? He always does alright but constantly finds himself behind Clark in the pecking order. 

13 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

I wonder why all of our managers, Lambert, Sherwood and Garde have been reluctant to play him? He always does alright but constantly finds himself behind Clark in the pecking order. 

I think because playing Okore would mean that Vlaar had be shifted over to his unnatural left side to accommodate him whereas Clark as a left-footed CB didn't cause that issue.

Pairing him with Richards would cause the same problem. 

• Like 1

I think managers are more probably a bit put off by his height than ability

Sign in to follow this  

Â