Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Any news on his injury? Would like to see him get a run out in pre season

According to Lambert he's in training and should play a part against Walsall. It was a video interview so unfortunately I don't have a source to show you.

Oh don't tell me it was that waste of space AVTV that you heard it on?!? That disgrace of a service....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Jores joined the Villa Own Goal Club today. I'm sort of perversely glad that he got it out of the way now in pre-season, I hope that's his one for the year. Other than that I thought he looked very solid defensively.

• Like 1

I bet you he's absolutely gutted to score an OG. 

Anybody would, but it was an unlucky mistake. Played well I think, made some decent challenges and seems very composed in his play.

Hopefully when his fitness levels are 100% we'll see him play even better, he and Vlaar could be a good combination.

Has the potential to be an absolute beast at the back for us. Some decent challenges and very strong.

I'd probably still give Baker the nod for next week. Arsenal away isn't the easiest game to make your debut and he probably still needs a few games to get up to speed after his injury.

One daft OG in a friendly doesn't really mean much either way.  Think he'll get better over the season, it's just a shame we don't have a Southgate, Mellberg, Laursen type reliable defender to pair him with.

Has the potential to be an absolute beast at the back for us. Some decent challenges and very strong.

I'd probably still give Baker the nod for next week. Arsenal away isn't the easiest game to make your debut and he probably still needs a few games to get up to speed after his injury.

I think you underestimate Okore. He is a very good defender and despite the OG, I'd say less accident prone than Baker, who's not bad himself.

Really looking forward to seeing this guy play, he has the attributes we've missed at the back for a long time with his pace and strength. Really hoping he's a little warrior and he can become our own Vincent Kompany type defender in time.

Thought he looked pretty average today  to be honest - He's a lot smaller than I expected which is concern - esp how times the ball over the top caught us out.

Any rumours on when his neck will be joining us ? !!!!

Did anybody else think we played with too much of a high line in defence today or was it just me?

I think if we had played a high line as unit we would have been ok - but the mallaga players just seemed to find acres of space 

I think it's a bit unfair on Baker if Okore goes straight into the first 11.

Baker had a great second half of the season last year, and at times looked like our best defender.

Okore looked ok today, but much too early to judge him. In general our defence looked dodgy to be honest.

Edited by redrum

Wouldn't be against seeing Okore + Baker partner up, risky as they are both so young. But this is the partnership we will be seeing as our first choice sometime soon imo.

What happened to the Capuano link too?

Edited by HalfTimePost

I like Okore and think he looks accomplished on the ball. I think he will do very well for us and the own goal was juat unfortunate. The problem with that goal was that the cross should have been stopped at source!

I have a feeling that Lambert will want to play a higher line too, especially with the pace of Okore and Luna. Lambert might feel that is better than sitting back on top of Guzan and inevitably caving in!

I like Okore and think he looks accomplished on the ball. I think he will do very well for us and the own goal was juat unfortunate. The problem with that goal was that the cross should have been stopped at source!

I have a feeling that Lambert will want to play a higher line too, especially with the pace of Okore and Luna. Lambert might feel that is better than sitting back on top of Guzan and inevitably caving in!

High line defending is a terrible idea. If thats his plan then its shit

Â