Speculation: Ivelin Popov (Kuban Krasnodar)

Delphinho123

Sod it, the way Barry, milner, downing were tapped up, downing especially I'm not overly concerned if someone at our club phones another player to say were intrested, how much would you cost

He loses out in an either or fight with Belhanda for me

It's all about opinions. Just to give better picture who Popov is.

Popov is 11th striker in Russian Premier League for 2012/13 season

Ivelin Popov , Kuban Krasnodar, attacking midfielder, playmaker, winger

9 goals       2 assists          176 minutes per goal , not one goal from penalty

Samuel E'to Anzi Makhachkala, forward

10 goals     7 assists           219 minutes per goal, not one goal from penalty

Kevin Kuranyi , Dinamo Moscow, forward

10 goals     2 assists            211 minutes per goal, not one goal from penalty

Younes Belhanda , Montpellier , attacking midfielder

10 goals   5 assists             238 minutes per goal

I think i would choose Belhanda but I mean price is something we have to be taking into account here.

If Belhanda is £10-12m and Popov is £3-4m the club might lean towards Popov as there is less risk of it being damaging if it all goes pear-shaped. 

That is pretty damning if the FA decide to go after us for tapping up. Not sure if they would bother seeing as it's a player in a different league.

It would be easy for Villa to state Stan has no authority in scouting/purchasing players, Stan knows the player well and was talking privately and 'off the record'.

"Dear Stan, please be careful not to be misunderstood when you speak to your fellow countrymen. Lot's of love, The Villa".

Russian media sport-express.ru spoke with Ivelin Popov. Interview was published one hour ago.

In short words:

Ivelin Popov confirmed that Aston Villa made a bid for him. Popov got good personal contract but transfer sum offered to Krasnodar was not at the level the Russians could accept it. Kuban Krasnodar knocked back Villa's offer.

Russian media sport-express.ru spoke with Ivelin Popov. Interview was published one hour ago.

In short words:

Ivelin Popov confirmed that Aston Villa made a bid for him. Popov got good personal contract but transfer sum offered to Krasnodar was not at the level the Russians could accept it. Kuban Krasnodar knocked back Villa's offer.

A good personal contract, so it got to the stage of us offering him a contract? I find that strange.

In a different interview he said its a long summer and things can happen on the last day of the window.

If we sell players like bent I think more money will become available so this couple happen!

• Like 2

His exact words are : Aston Villa have offered me a good contract, but their offer to Kuban has been a very modest one, thus they have rejected it. I'm staying in Krasnodar and I intend to renew my contract. The decision has been made and there will be no change.

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

In short words:

A good personal contract, so it got to the stage of us offering him a contract? I find that strange.

A club only needs permission to speak to a player. A fee doesn't have to be agreed for the seller to give permission.

Likely they said he could speak to us and sort out personal details but he wouldn't be going anywhere unless a fee they were happy with was agreed upon.

Kenye

Quoteation from Russian media:

Popov - Если ты будешь хорошо играть, предложения обязательно будут. "Кубань" отпускает игроков, если условия устраивают все стороны. В "Астон Вилле" мне предлагали хороший личный контракт, но для "Кубани" предложение было скромным. К тому же люди, от которых зависит судьба команды, сказали: "Перчик (прозвище Попова. – Прим. "СЭ") не продается".

Literal translation:

Popov - If you will play well, you will get offers. Kuban let the players go, if conditions (of the move) satisfy all sides. Aston Villa offered me good personal contract, but bid made to Kuban was small. People who are responsible for team's future told me: Perchik (Popov's nickname , SE note) , this is not going to happen.

BG_Villa_Fan

No, there is no:"I intend to renew my contract".

He said that decision at the club was made and he stays with the club. He added that this decision will not change.

My info is based on Bulgarian press, I haven't watched the interview, so I can't be 100%, however, multiple sources definitely put these words in his mouth.

Â