Speculation: Ivelin Popov (Kuban Krasnodar)

Delphinho123

and...

barry to man city?

milner to man city?

downing to liverpool?

and benteke to arsenal?

Well yes as it happens. But with the exception of probably Barcelona and Real Madrid, this is the case for all clubs:

Ronaldo to Real

RvP to Man U

Fabregas and Henry to Barca

There's always a bigger club out there, and with Popov we are potentially that bigger club (if we've bid).

well if this deal falls through, i hope PL has another centre attacking mid on his shortlist, cant see bannan becoming a hit next season and not sure how much nzogbia has left to give

The caveat to all that is that the grass is not always greener.

For every Barry and van Persie-esque success, there's a Downing and Carroll type disaster.

Downing won a trophy since leaving so yeah it probably has been been greener

well if this deal falls through, i hope PL has another centre attacking mid on his shortlist, cant see bannan becoming a hit next season and not sure how much nzogbia has left to give

Belhanda anyone? :P

The caveat to all that is that the grass is not always greener.

For every Barry and van Persie-esque success, there's a Downing and Carroll type disaster.

Downing won a trophy since leaving so yeah it probably has been been greener

Ok fair enough he has, but rumours are that he's going to be shipped out again.

The last time Arsenal brought a first team player of us was 25,years ago, for all Arsenals fan fare they are really just a premier league version of Crewe, they ain't gonna pay Any where near the amount of money we would want for any of our player's, just like spurs. All mouth and no **** trousers.

Edited by tinker

I think that Villa's negotiations with Kuban Krasnodar about Popov move might be not easy to run.

Kuban President : Ivelin Popov would like to play in England and if good offer comes we can't stop him here.

Kuban Sport Director: Ivelin Popov is our player and he will stay with us for next season.

Mordovia Saransk President - Dorinel Munteanu has one more year contract with us and we expect to see him here tomorrow.

News from Kuban Krasnodar - Dorinel Munteanu will be our new coach from tomorrow.

Sportline.bg interviewed Ivelin Popov         TODAY 14:13 BST

Sportline – What about your future? Kuban Krasnodar Sport Director told Russian media that they are not going to sell you?

Popov – If he said that, I take his words as a credit to my work for Kuban. These words mean that they value my play and want to keep me at the club.

What is going to happen? Time will tell us. On June 15th I will join Kuban Krasnodar team at the pre season camp in Austria. Due to the game I played for Bulgaria I have five additional days of break. I like the game we play in Russia. Where I will be next season I will know until August 31st. I have no idea what is going to happen until August 31st. I stay calm and don’t want to move for every possible price. I feel happy in Krasnodar, people at the club and supporters like me.

Sportline – We heard that Stilyian Petrov called you and informed you about the interest from Aston Villa. Can you tell us more about details of this conversation, what exactly did he tell you?

Popov- First, I got text from my private source telling me that the big club is interested in me. There was Aston Villa name in that message. Despite short information I got on that day, there was nothing concrete. Some time after, when I finished training I noticed three missed calls from Silijan Petrov. I understood it was something important. I called him back and he told me about serious interest from Villa. Stiljan asked the question, what would be the transfer fee that could secure my move to Villa?

Sportline – Do you have offers from any other clubs?

Popov – I have two agents who work for me. Yes, few more clubs are interested in buying me,and I have concrete offers but giving the names of these clubs would not be fair.

• Like 1

Sportline.bg interviewed Ivelin Popov         TODAY 14:13 BST

Sportline – What about your future? Kuban Krasnodar Sport Director told Russian media that they are not going to sell you?

Popov – If he said that, I take his words as a credit to my work for Kuban. These words mean that they value my play and want to keep me at the club.

What is going to happen? Time will tell us. On June 15th I will join Kuban Krasnodar team at the pre season camp in Austria. Due to the game I played for Bulgaria I have five additional days of break. I like the game we play in Russia. Where I will be next season I will know until August 31st. I have no idea what is going to happen until August 31st. I stay calm and don’t want to move for every possible price. I feel happy in Krasnodar, people at the club and supporters like me.

Sportline – We heard that Stilyian Petrov called you and informed you about the interest from Aston Villa. Can you tell us more about details of this conversation, what exactly did he tell you?

Popov- First, I got text from my private source telling me that the big club is interested in me. There was Aston Villa name in that message. Despite short information I got on that day, there was nothing concrete. Some time after, when I finished training I noticed three missed calls from Silijan Petrov. I understood it was something important. I called him back and he told me about serious interest from Villa. Stiljan asked the question, what would be the transfer fee that could secure my move to Villa?

Sportline – Do you have offers from any other clubs?

Popov – I have two agents who work for me. Yes, few more clubs are interested in buying me,and I have concrete offers but giving the names of these clubs would not be fair.

Stan not half guilty of tapping up!

This happens all the time and lets be honest here Popov is hardly forcing a move is he? He said he has been approached however its up to his club.

True, but things can change very quickly.

One thing i do know for sure is that Stan has almost god like status in Bulgaria, and if he rings to tell you how great a club Villa is and how bright the future will be with you on board, it may possibly turn your head ;)

Edited by MagicMushroom

Â