Speculation: Ivelin Popov (Kuban Krasnodar)

Delphinho123

Know little of this player but according to wiki he was at Feyenoord as a junior?! So a link to last summer there, maybe Ron knows him:?

And that Blacburn had a work permit turned down for him in 2011, he's a regular for Bulgaria so that wouldn't be an issue now.

Jarpie

I wrote about Blackburn and work permit. That was from an article in the Bulgarian press.

I don't remember details of your policy (I'm the Pole from Warsaw) but remember that even when Bulgaria and Romania joined EU, there were some restrictions regarding job for people from Bulgaria and Romania in the UK. Was there not a list kind of :nurses-Yes, doctors-Yes, constructions workes- No, uless work permit...etc.

"Rights and Responsibilities of Nationals from Bulgaria and Romania from January 2007" , I guess.

Edited by Lamski

better not pull a makoun

Ma-koun

noun

1. To sign for a team for an indeterminate number of Euros, be rubbish, run away to a foreign land and then leave the club for a similarly indeterminate amount of Euros (e.g. "I hope that Popov doesn't pull a Makoun")

• Like 4

better not pull a makoun

Ma-koun

noun

1. To sign for a team for an indeterminate number of Euros, be rubbish, run away to a foreign land and then leave the club for a similarly indeterminate amount of Euros (e.g. "I hope that Popov doesn't pull a Makoun")

Verb

"Aston Villa got totally Makouned!"

better not pull a makoun

Ma-koun

noun

See also "the Full Makoun" as above but includes a music video.

Ivelin Popov won't change the team, despite serious interest in him. It is clear from the statement of the Sports Director of the Kuban Sergei Dorončenko.

' Ivelin Popov is a player of Kuban. Have no intention of selling it, "said the Chief in the Russian team to the" Sport Express ".

Asked if the Russian team will start the season, he replied: "of course. We have a long-term contract with him. Not going anywhere ".

The captain of the national team realize nine goals in 29 matches for teams from Krasnodar. Just days before Popov stated that Aston Villa became a serious interest in him, but its price is high. Though Bulgarian will certainly play in the team from Birmingham in the new campaign. It comes to Alexander Kneller, who was already posing with the team of his new team.

Looks like they arent willing on selling.

Ivelin Popov won't change the team, despite serious interest in him. It is clear from the statement of the Sports Director of the Kuban Sergei Dorončenko.

' Ivelin Popov is a player of Kuban. Have no intention of selling it, "said the Chief in the Russian team to the" Sport Express ".

Asked if the Russian team will start the season, he replied: "of course. We have a long-term contract with him. Not going anywhere ".

The captain of the national team realize nine goals in 29 matches for teams from Krasnodar. Just days before Popov stated that Aston Villa became a serious interest in him, but its price is high. Though Bulgarian will certainly play in the team from Birmingham in the new campaign. It comes to Alexander Kneller, who was already posing with the team of his new team.

Looks like they arent willing on selling.

That bit in bold is interesting though.

its a bing translation but i think they are refering to Tonev as he is certain to play for us and he was posing for photos already.

Ah that makes sense, with Alexander "Kneller" somehow being a translation of Tonev.

I thin he's head's been turned good n proper, and if we want him badly enough he'll come. Stan will sort it out again...

To make your translation clear.

Sergey Doronchenko - Sport Director of Kuban Krasnodar told the journalist (interview) that Ivelin Popov is not for sale despite interests from other clubs. He will stay with them for another season.

This might be Kuban play to rise the proce for the footballer. When they qualify for League Europe competition, they told supporters that were not going to sell any players. The plan was to strighten the team.

P.S. That was interview that Doronchenko gave to the press yesterday. I thought this meant not much for the negotiations between two clubs.

Edited by Lamski
  • Like 1

To make your translation clear.

Sergey Doronchenko - Sport Director of Kuban Krasnodar told the journalist (interview) that Ivelin Popov is not for sale despite interests from other clubs. He will stay with them for another season.

This might be Kuban play to rise the proce for the footballer. When they qualify for League Europe competition, they told supporters that were not going to sell any players. The plan was to strighten the team.

P.S. That was interview that Doronchenko gave to the press yesterday. I thought this meant not much for the negotiations between two clubs.

I think it is a matter of price more than anything else. The lure of the Premier League is a huge calling that many clubs would be powerless to prevent.

Just like the call of Man Utd for Ashley Young and, previously, Dwight Yorke - when they come knocking it's all about getting the best deal for the club, else you'll have a very resentful player on your books.

Â