Speculation: Ivelin Popov (Kuban Krasnodar)

Delphinho123

Some families churn out top sportsmen. Look at the Brownlees in triathlon (there's a third brother on the way up there, too).

Same with Jon Jones the UFC light heavyweight champion. His two brothers play in the NFL.

Very true look at Ron and Dalian Atkinson

:lol:

I was also going to mention that Chelsea tend to sign married players, to keep some squad members happy.

Some families churn out top sportsmen. Look at the Brownlees in triathlon (there's a third brother on the way up there, too).

Same with Jon Jones the UFC light heavyweight champion. His two brothers play in the NFL.

Very true look at Ron and Dalian Atkinson

:lol:

I was also going to mention that Chelsea tend to sign married players, to keep some squad members happy.

I've heard that some squad members would actually help with scouting in regard to this.

I just read interesting article on Russian soccer.ru website.

Website writes about six most influential footballers playing in Russian League this season. Ivelin Popov is one of these six guys.

Portal says that without doubts he can be transfered to one from Bundesliga or Premier League. Website sugest that club from these leagues are interested in buying Popov. He played great season for his club Krasnodar.

I remember somebody here said that he remembered that some time back Popov was close to signing for the club from England.

I don't know which club the poster meant but I know for sure that when Blackburn played in the Premier League they wanted him.

The problem was not enough games played for Bulgaria by Popov at that time and no work permit.

Players from that list:

Bobras Natkho - Rubin Kazan

Mbark Boussouffa - Anzhi Makhachkala

Alan Dzagoev - CSKA Moscow

Ivelin Popov - Kuban Krasnodar

Viktor Fayzulin - Zenit St. Petersburg

Keisuke Honda - CSKA Moscow

I just read interesting article on Russian soccer.ru website.

Website writes about six most influential footballers playing in Russian League this season. Ivelin Popov is one of these six guys.

Portal says that without doubts he can be transfered to one from Bundesliga or Premier League. Website sugest that club from these leagues are interested in buying Popov. He played great season for his club Krasnodar.

I remember somebody here said that he remembered that some time back Popov was close to signing for the club from England.

I don't know which club the poster meant but I know for sure that when Blackburn played in the Premier League they wanted him.

The problem was not enough games played for Bulgaria by Popov at that time and no work permit.

Back at that time we had a fantastic signing system in place and were usually right when it came to transfers so kind of a good omen for Villa.

New Novinite article with new quotes

Bulgaria international Ivelin Popov has revealed that former Aston Villa captain Stiliyan Petrov told him about the club’s interest in signing him.

“Yes, Aston Villa are seriously interested in signing me. Stiliyan Petrov told me that. I am currently in talks with a lot of people, but let’s see what happens,” the 25-year-old Kuban Krasnodar forward told Bulgarian reporters on Wednesday, as cited by BGNES.

Popov reiterated that the Aston Villa deal is far from done.

“I have two years on my Kuban Krasnodar contract, so the transfer fee will be high. Let’s wait and see what happens,” he said.

Another Bulgarian international, 23-year-old Lech Poznan winger Aleksandar Tonev, is reportedle on the verge of signing for Aston Villa.

Players from that list:

Bobras Natkho - Rubin Kazan

Mbark Boussouffa - Anzhi Makhachkala

Alan Dzagoev - CSKA Moscow

Ivelin Popov - Kuban Krasnodar

Viktor Fayzulin - Zenit St. Petersburg

Keisuke Honda - CSKA Moscow

We were linked with Boussouffa a few years ago, either when MON or Houllier was in charge.   Looked very talented with the ball on the obligatory YouTube clips, but very lightweight.

• Like 1

Â