Speculation: Ivelin Popov (Kuban Krasnodar)

Delphinho123

Hardly prolific then

I'd agree, up until this season. 9th best strike rate in Russia's top league this season for regularly starting players isn't bad considering it was his first season for the club.

Even though the google translation is surprisingly good here is the correct translation of his quotes, as they're very interesting :

'I'm aware of Aston Villa's interest, which is serious.Time will tell what will happen. I think that the summer is going to be hard for me and hope there will be a happy ending. Even if I stay in Krasnodar it'd be good for me.'

'As far as I know the negotiations between Aston Villa and Lech Poznan regarding Alexander Tonev are in a more advanced state. I hope Tonev and me will be united in England. What could be better than that?'

• Like 1

Even though the google translation is surprisingly good here is the correct translation of his quotes, as they're very interesting :

'I'm aware of Aston Villa's interest, which is serious.Time will tell what will happen. I think that the summer is going to be hard for me and hope there will be a happy ending. Even if I stay in Krasnodar it'd be good for me.'

'As far as I know the negotiations between Aston Villa and Lech Poznan regarding Alexander Tonev are in a more advanced state. I hope Tonev and me will be united in England. What could be better than that?'

Do Tonev and Popov have experience playing with each other then? Or is he just referring to the fact they're the same nationality?

Do Tonev and Popov have experience playing with each other then? Or is he just referring to the fact they're the same nationality?

Oh yes they have played together in the bulgarian national teams, youth and senior. Not sure how close they are but certainly have played together quite a bit.

They both have played for the National team together. Tonev wasn't called up for their recent friendlies however whilst Popov was.

In March they were both in the starting lineups for Bulgaria's World Cup qualifiers against Malta and Denmark.

An out and out striker. Is someone/are some on the way out then.

That's what I worry. I guess it's good that we'll have an immediate replacement though, if this is true.

He isn't an out and out striker. In fact, he's a midfielder. Albeit an advanced one.

He's a very good player and would walk into our team. IMO. Whether this means Lambert is trying to adopt a new set up, I'm not sure.

He isn't an out and out striker. In fact, he's a midfielder. Albeit an advanced one.

He's a very good player and would walk into our team. IMO. Whether this means Lambert is trying to adopt a new set up, I'm not sure.

I'm not sure either. It's something Lambert has toyed with, playing N'Zogbia in the hole. He's clearly a manager who likes options, we won't be as rigid next season as we were closing this one out.

Plus I notice Popov can play as an outside forward? Unusual for a big lad. I've never seen him play, but I like the name "Popov".

• Like 1

Something like this gives us options.

We can play with a midfield 3 of sylla, delph and westwood or switch it and have 2 of those players in a more holding role and push popov in an advanced role just off benteke (hopefully he's still here)

^^ 

Scored against us in the UEFA Cup for Litex Lovech.

For me, yes please. If he and Tonev sign, it's good for both of them, we've strengthened our attack for a pittance and got two players to do N'Zogbia's role and Ireland's role for less wages and more enthusiasm. Obivously time will tell if they'll be good signings but I'm inclined to pit my trust on Lambert.

Sounds a good player too. 

• Like 1

Â