Only one match live - Saturday 16:00

vandaq

So apparently they will only show one match here at 16:00 from now on at saturday`s.

Over here they will choose whatever match they see as the "biggest" which means Manu,Chelsea,Liverpool,Arsenal will always be in front.

They also say this is a new rule so I guess this will be an universal thing?

I know this might not matter to some of you that get to see Villa all the time but this will piss me off so much.

Anyone that can shed anymore light on this? Why did they come to this conclusion? 

If they were wrong and this only goes for I live then just ignore this thread.

Im sure its a Premier League rule to only allow 1 game be shown outside of UK at 3pm kick-off and I believe its their choice on which game can be shown. Used to be same in Ireland you could go to a bar on Saturday and more than likely Villa be on but that was put a stop to about 18 months ago.

This is due to a high number of streams available now and its costing them

Im sure its a Premier League rule to only allow 1 game be shown outside of UK at 3pm kick-off and I believe its their choice on which game can be shown. Used to be same in Ireland you could go to a bar on Saturday and more than likely Villa be on but that was put a stop to about 18 months ago.

This is due to a high number of streams available now and its costing them

That's it.

Since the 3pm Saturday kickoffs on foreign television are the primary unique selling point for pubs to get foreign satellite subscriptions, and since the PL can't use copyright to keep pubs from subscribing, they've resorted to picking one 3pm Saturday kickoff that can be shown on satellite TV if the satellite can be seen from Britain and Ireland.

This means that a number of continental satellite services (most notably in Scandinavia) which until this season had shown all 380 games will have to cut back.

OTOH, streams will probably be more available than ever before, as all 380 games will be effectively broadcast free to the USA. An enterprising pub could acquire a Slingbox and for maybe 60 or 70 quid a month get all 380 games plus HBO, AMC, etc.

You could watch anything via downloaded app on PC,mobile(whatever you like basically) and you could choose which match you wanted to see. So every match was up there, quite a few FA CUP matches and random matches in championship,league one and two(Very few off them though).

They are boasting that this will be much better now since there is going to be more lower league matches available, but taking this into the account is much worse imo. I don`t give a flying shit about how manu are doing if villa is on. It`s also going to be much more expensive which doesn`t really help, the payment increase is around 40% or so. **** shit. 

Premier League should copy the NFL model of blocking game's from being broadcast inside a specific area if the tickets aren't sold out but are freely available elsewhere for a price. Currently I can only get over to VP a couple of time's a season and rely on streams of dubious legality and quality for the rest of the teams fixtures. I'd gladly pay a small fortune for a Villa online season ticket. 

Difficult/impossible to do here legally because the clubs in England are private businesses and not franchises owned and awarded by the league.  

Comparing the way European sports are run to North American ones never works because they are structured so very differently. 

As far as TV is concerned, the clubs are one business, at least to exactly the same extent as in, e.g. the NFL (which is 32 separate businesses jointly owning the league).

That said, the NFL's blackout practice is enshrined in US law as an exemption from antitrust.

Â