Drugs

PussEKatt

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Synthetic testosterone and other things such as HGH have absolutely ruinous consequences, totally not worth it. I've never cycled them personally, but i know plenty of guys who have and the research on use/ abuse of them point to pretty grim outcomes.

I've heard that one somewhere before....

MW-FF800_lance0_20170213190935_ZH.jpg?uu

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

On 13/01/2019 at 13:32, wazzap24 said:

I've heard that one somewhere before....

MW-FF800_lance0_20170213190935_ZH.jpg?uu

You ever hear him talk about what he was on pre-cancer? Nope. Nothing to see here, move along please.

There are a number of steroids that generate explosive cancerous growths, these are all on the experimental side of things though. There was a well known one that's name escapes me now, that was used in combo with igf-lr3 when it was all hush hush and on the qt in the early 2000s. These things were clinically tested in the late 80s early 90s.

15 hours ago, Xann said:

Inhaling the smoke from burning wheeliebins gets you high.

Blue ones are best.

Man, cheap high :mellow:

That is grim.  I can only imagine the damage it's doing.  I'll stick to superglue thank you!

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Xela said:

Ok, never mentioned it on here before, but here goes...

For over 20 years I have been on prescription painkillers. Was I addicted... yes, I would say I was. The Doctors were happy to prescribe them as I made it clear without them I wouldn't be able to function in everyday life. They were initially prescribed as I suffered terrible knee problems in my teenage years, which required surgery and then back pain which they found was due to a curvature of my spine. All through my 20's and 30's I was taking NSAID's daily as well as opioids occasionally (luckily never had too much access to these). 

I used to panic when I forgot to take one (used to take 1 in the morning and 1 in the early evening) and when going on holiday I had to ensure that I had enough 'supply' to get me through. If I went on a works night out I would have to take then with me and i'd always refuse impromptu nights out as I wouldn't have them on me! Basically I had to schedule my life around taking them. I was well aware of the long term side effects of them (risk of heart attacks, kidney failure, liver problems, stomach ulcers and gastric bleeds) and i dare say my stomach problems were partly down to 20 years of popping them like tic-tacs! For anyone interested was mainly Diclofenac I took, but also Naproxen as well. 

Now i'm 9 days in without taking any of them. I decided last Friday to go cold turkey and see if coming off them would improve my stomach issues in the long term. I've had blood tests which confirm my kidneys are fine and there doesn't appear to have been any damage so far so here I am! I won't lie... it hasn't been plain sailing. I've suffered a lot of headaches, joint pains (ankles, knees, shoulders) and terrible backache when I wake up but the hardest thing I have taken in a week is a couple of paracetamol! I've still got my 'stash' in my drugs cabinet but if I can get through a month then i'll take them back to the pharmacy. 

I've never understood painkiller addiction, so excuse my ignorance, but what is there to be addicted to?  

What would happen if you didn't take one?  

I get a few aches in the morning, weirdly over the last year, whenever I wake up both of my Achilles are a bit sore until I walk downstairs... not sure if it's because I've put weight on, or if that's just that, but it's odd.

Welcome to normal, everyday pain! :)  

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I've never understood painkiller addiction, so excuse my ignorance, but what is there to be addicted to?  

I get a few aches in the morning, weirdly over the last year, whenever I wake up both of my Achilles are a bit sore until I walk downstairs... not sure if it's because I've put weight on, or if that's just that, but it's odd.

Heavy duty pain killers can have quite an euphoric effect. You often feel very light and breezy and you sleep very soundly albeit with mad dreams. Over time you build a tolerance so you take more to get the feeling back. 

Back in university I got addicted to Tramadol when I slipped 2 discs. I was high as a kite and slept maybe 15 hours a day. My dreams involved the most vivid images I've ever had and I still remember them to this day. I also had the most solid poos known to man.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xela said:

Ok, never mentioned it on here before, but here goes...

For over 20 years I have been on prescription painkillers. Was I addicted... yes, I would say I was. The Doctors were happy to prescribe them as I made it clear without them I wouldn't be able to function in everyday life. They were initially prescribed as I suffered terrible knee problems in my teenage years, which required surgery and then back pain which they found was due to a curvature of my spine. All through my 20's and 30's I was taking NSAID's daily as well as opioids occasionally (luckily never had too much access to these). 

I used to panic when I forgot to take one (used to take 1 in the morning and 1 in the early evening) and when going on holiday I had to ensure that I had enough 'supply' to get me through. If I went on a works night out I would have to take then with me and i'd always refuse impromptu nights out as I wouldn't have them on me! Basically I had to schedule my life around taking them. I was well aware of the long term side effects of them (risk of heart attacks, kidney failure, liver problems, stomach ulcers and gastric bleeds) and i dare say my stomach problems were partly down to 20 years of popping them like tic-tacs! For anyone interested was mainly Diclofenac I took, but also Naproxen as well. 

Now i'm 9 days in without taking any of them. I decided last Friday to go cold turkey and see if coming off them would improve my stomach issues in the long term. I've had blood tests which confirm my kidneys are fine and there doesn't appear to have been any damage so far so here I am! I won't lie... it hasn't been plain sailing. I've suffered a lot of headaches, joint pains (ankles, knees, shoulders) and terrible backache when I wake up but the hardest thing I have taken in a week is a couple of paracetamol! I've still got my 'stash' in my drugs cabinet but if I can get through a month then i'll take them back to the pharmacy. 

Good luck Mate. 

Addiction/dependency doesn’t care what drugs society deems to be acceptable or not. 

Prescription drug dependency is massive in the states and I’ve read a few things recently about the UK starting to have issues too. 

My wife has a friend who’s been prescribed Pregabalin for various pain symptoms and that s**t is mental, she developed a major dependency within a couple of months. 

A mate of mine got himself into a minor mess because of Nytol, started taking one a night to sleep, then 2, then 3..........

The stuff you can get from the doctor/chemist is worse than most of the stuff I can get off my dealer! 

Fight the good fight mate, you’ll get there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Some of them contain opiates, others contain chemicals that can give a similar effect to opiates and can be equally addictive. 

Codeine for example is a low level opiate and you can get that from a pharmacy, without prescription. Try taking that regularly for a few weeks then stopping abruptly - it will f**k you up. 

Prescription meds are much stronger, you can get absolutely mangled on things like Vicodin, Tramadol, Fentanyl etc. 

They effectively turn you into a baghead, but you’re getting your hit legally. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

latest?cb=20090607134350

9 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

What is there to be addicted to in painkillers? Lack of pain! :P  Its a valid question... its like any drug, you get a dependancy to how it makes you feel and it becomes a necessity to get through your day. What would happen if i didn't take one? Joint pain... the feeling of your ankle, knee, elbow joints on fire... feeling like you've been run over or done over with a baseball bat.. All that pain is taken away with a pill and in 20 mins your joints feel fine and you can go about your day. No different to how heroin or cocaine users feel if they're coming down from their drug. Painkillers like cocodamol (codeine and paracetamol mixed) is an opiate (like heroin) and once taken converts to morphine in the brain making you content and in a dreamy state. I was on cocodamol for a few weeks with tendonitis and I was like a space cadet! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Fight the good fight mate, you’ll get there. 

Cheers mate! 10 days 'clean' now and i'm happy with how things are going. I'm just going to have to get used to the dull pain of being an overweight nearly 40yo with a bad back! :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Prescription drugs are as hard as anything to get off. They like recreational drugs can and do destroy lives. Look at the opioid problem in America. Massive well done to Xela, and good luck with it. 

Cheers Ruge! I know its not as rock n roll as a skag habit but its a big problem in 'middle class' Britain. 

How you getting on?

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Not sure that cold turkey is advisable - I'd be inclined to seek professional advice on how to gradually reduce dosage - but good luck with it, Alex. 

Cheers Mike. Seeing my doc on Wednesday so will discuss it then, but think (or hope!) i'm over the worst of it now. 

• Like 1

Â