Drugs

PussEKatt

On 06/12/2018 at 13:54, BOF said:

Bucket list.  I'll do it when I'm 95.  Not now.  I'm too busy now.  I'll stick to the most damaging drug of them all for now.  Alcohol.

If you find the right girl and treat her with respect I'm sure you'll get to have sex before you turn 95. :trollface:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

If you find the right girl and treat her with respect I'm sure you'll get to have sex before you turn 95. :trollface:

I doubt it very much, He is a man of the cloth. They don’t have sex... oh wait a minute... 

😉

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The_Rev said:

**** that. Sounds like a lot of work.

When I was 14 I'd buy whipped cream canisters before school and suck on the bottle all day. I also would buy Vick's Inhalers, the nose thingies with menthol. Any adult would think I was some young fiend, and they did. They called me down to the school nurse where they gave me the third degree about cocaine and "pills". While in the office, the janitors broke into my locker looking for drugs. I had never seen cocaine or knew anything about pills. Never done pot even. words removed. But they were probably on to something. 

On 08/12/2018 at 21:05, Rugeley Villa said:

My drug of choice, and my best friend for 15 years . I’ve took a lot of cocaine over the years. I’ve had cocaine induced  psychosis, which was unreal, and terrifying at the same time. Depending what you are after I could maybe distribute something. 

Thanks for putting your hand up to potentially share some info on the subject and sorry for the delayed reply.

I haven't looked too closely at the criteria as the presentation is still some weeks away, though I will and will certainly get back to you.

I know I have to look at things like history, political and social contexts, as well as establishing basic facts like it's makeup and whatnot. I think the presentation is to be quite extensive and may cover a lot more than that though. I'm also confident there will be scope for me to add some info at my own discretion as long as it's not tales of the time I or someone else decided to go on a bender sort of thing. I was hoping for some fun facts and also some not so fun facts, like the side effects, like it's potential for the onset of psychosis.

Some of the info I will be researching/including thus far:

• Mandatory basic information and facts.
  • Coca Cola's use of cocaine in its products.
  • St. Vincent's hospitals research finding that it takes about 14 months for the average users dopamine levels to return to what they were prior to using.
  • The culture of cultivation in South America.
  • The CIA's involvement in the 'crack epidemic'

As I've said previously, I could count on one hand the amount of times I've tried it myself and the quality in Australia makes me wonder if I've ever truly tried it more than once. So my insights are limited and as long as the information is in line with the criteria for the project I'd be interested in it. I'll get back to you with the criteria, if that's okay?

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched “The Big Questions” on BBC1.They were debating the legalisation of drugs. What are people’s thoghts on this, and what are the pro’s and cons. How would this slash organised crime etc etc. Interested to hear from our American friends too, and how it is over there. My thoughts are that I’m kind of sat on the fence. The current way of doing things is not working, but would legalisation make things worse or better. I have a bit of an hard time with the idea of legalising drugs, but I’d be open to ideas. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just watched “The Big Questions” on BBC1.They were debating the legalisation of drugs. What are people’s thoghts on this, and what are the pro’s and cons. How would this slash organised crime etc etc. Interested to hear from our American friends too, and how it is over there. My thoughts are that I’m kind of sat on the fence. The current way of doing things is not working, but would legalisation make things worse or better. I have a bit of an hard time with the idea of legalising drugs, but I’d be open to ideas. 

I think legalising drugs is a lazy way of tackling the real problem.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

When you say legalise drugs I assume you are meaning Cannabis and only Cannabis?

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

When you say legalise drugs I assume you are meaning Cannabis and only Cannabis?

No, everything. Obviously Cannabis would be the first step. The debate was about legalising everything. Our laws are very relaxed on the possession of cannabis anyway. 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

No, everything. Obviously Cannabis would be the first step. The debate was about legalising everything. Our laws are very relaxed on the possession of cannabis anyway. 

Ah, okay mate.

I am not sure how it could work. I have seen snippets of suggestions on this too and I am sure I watched or read that someone country's about having an open den/safe building for people to go to and do their choice of drug. 

Legaising it could work as it wipes out the criminal underworld and brings in revenue for the government, however on the other hand it would need to be tarriffed like alcohol and cigarettes so to avoid youngsters abusing it.

I'd also issue cards for users to attend dispensaries in getting their drug of choice so it becomes controlled and manageable if you like.

I am not too focused on other drugs like Coke, Heroin or Pills etc. Cannabis is the only thing I have and ever likely to dabble in. That alone should be legalised like it has nearly most other places.

There are loads of pro's and I wouldn't say that many con's regarding Cannabis. We are seeing other countries legalise it, Canada being the latest. It makes me think the UK cannot be that far behind as it's a different league to other drugs etc.

• Thanks 1

When you look at the threat to massive companies that growing of Hemp provides and the medicinical properties from Cannabis to big Pharma companies it’s not hard to see why it’s been banned for so long, not much point trying to rationalize why it was banned in terms of danger to human health, it was never about that.

As for legalizing of other drugs that’s another debate altogether but one thing is for sure, the war on drugs has never worked and never will work so we have to look at other options.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 2

On 08/12/2018 at 01:40, A'Villan said:

Have to do a presentation on cocaine for my uni course. Any facts and insights would be appreciated.

I know there's many sources to gather information from and VT may be fairly limited in what it can offer, but what do I know? May be you guys come up with a gem or two.

Edit: Any 'this one time when...' facts and insights are most welcome if they make for good reading.

If you want to do some empirical research on what the effects of many people being on cocaine at the same time are, just fly to Liverpool and have a weekend on the town

I'm not even joking, it seems like half the population that go out at the weekend are snorting the night away. They'll then smoke over strength skunk all week

The smell of weed in my car is almost everpresent when I'm working and picking up youngsters and the amount of angsty people at the end of the night coming from the city centre is pretty much approaching 50%

I have to say it's very much a male thing, the women's drug of choice is make up

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

If you want to do some empirical research on what the effects of many people being on cocaine at the same time are, just fly to Liverpool and have a weekend on the town

I'm not even joking, it seems like half the population that go out at the weekend are snorting the night away. They'll then smoke over strength skunk all week

The smell of weed in my car is almost everpresent when I'm working and picking up youngsters and the amount of angsty people at the end of the night coming from the city centre is pretty much approaching 50%

I have to say it's very much a male thing, the women's drug of choice is make up

It’s everywhere now mate, but I can imagine there is a massive drugs trade in Liverpool. Infact gangsters and dealers from the city are known to take their trade to other towns and cities all over the uk. Cocaine use where I live is unbelievable, and it’s only a small town of 30.000 people. Crack Cocaine is getting very popular in town as well. The women round here love the coke. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

1 hour ago, bickster said:

It's not just Liverpool.

Everybody does coke. Very much including women.

• Like 2

Â