Drugs

PussEKatt

Just now, mottaloo said:

I'm very naive when it comes to recreational drugs. I was offered some mexican mushrooms at glastonbury by a drop dead fit girl in a bikini top and daisy duke shorts, as she wandered around the tents only for me to reply (whilst ogling her hooters) that i wasn't hungry. The look of disbelief on her face was priceless. I honestly thought she had some garlic mayo in her bag & said mushrooms were coated in breadcrumbs ?

Ha ha! yes, similar story but without the girl.

i was in a record shop as a kid and a 'bloke' wandered up next to me and asked 'you wanna buy some grass?'.

I said no, and as he moved away I distinctly remember thinking 'nutter, what the hell would I be doing with grass'.

Months later, I'd worked it out.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 24/10/2018 at 23:16, A'Villan said:

I had a few drags of a joint the other week before a pickup game of basketball and not long after I had lost my vision even though eyes were open and I felt like I was going to lose consciousness (not in the seedy 'green out' way), lost my balance and it took about 5 minutes for me to regain vision and the ability to walk over to a friend to inform him I was no good to play and was heading home.

Turned out to be a bit of a waste of an evening.

Best to take only a single puff at first. Let it hit you and then decide if you want more.

• Like 1

On 02/12/2018 at 14:58, maqroll said:

Best to take only a single puff at first. Let it hit you and then decide if you want more.

Probably good advice. That occasion was truly a standalone anomaly. I've never experienced anything like it in the thousands of times I've used cannabis.

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Probably good advice. That occasion was truly a standalone anomaly. I've never experienced anything like it in the thousands of times I've used cannabis.

If that's the case, could it have been synthetic? Or laced?

33 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I remember back in the day smoking opiated Pakistani black hash. Talk about 'relaxing' - left me barely able to move or speak for about an hour. It was round about then that I decided I preferred beer as a social drug. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Pretty confident neither. I didn't get a chance to ask though. I did establish that for everyone else the high was similar to any other bud.

No one else who smoked experienced anything like what I did. I'm not entirely sure it was completely related to smoking the joint.

I've had synthetic on two occasions and both were unpleasant experiences, only similarity to this experience was the onset and overwhelming sensation of losing touch with usual perception. There wasn't really much of a feeling of being 'stoned' rather an increasing faintness, loss of sight and balance.

21 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Laced with what do you think?

That would be odd because none of the 3 other people smoking experienced anything out of the norm.

I misread what you posted earlier, I thought all of you experienced the same thing. 

Haven't had any psychedelics in at least 6 years. I am not in any rush to do them again. However I wouldn't mind one last LSD or DMT trip before I am done with them.

There is also an openness to trying mescaline. It's one thing I've never tried. I am not too familiar with its effects other than there's a large amount of vomiting involved.

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That sounds fun 😁

I've been around friends who have done it on multiple occasions and it's safe to say that ingesting a few feet of raw cactus is a recipe for regurgitation.

I think even the brew that you can make from the cactus can make you hurl it back up. No wonder it's not an addictive substance.

3 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I've been around friends who have done it on multiple occasions and it's safe to say that ingesting a few feet of raw cactus is a recipe for regurgitation.

I think even the brew that you can make from the cactus can make you hurl it back up. No wonder it's not an addictive substance.

I’ll stick to my drain cleaner, and battery fluid combination I’ve mixed up, thanks.

On 05/12/2018 at 08:33, mjmooney said:

I remember back in the day smoking opiated Pakistani black hash. Talk about 'relaxing' - left me barely able to move or speak for about an hour. It was round about then that I decided I preferred beer as a social drug. 

Black Lebanese hash (The lovely squidgy stuff) laced with cocaine, used to be called Sputnik back in the day, sounds very similar

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’ll stick to my drain cleaner, and battery fluid combination I’ve mixed up, thanks.

I had to google to find out exactly which drug you meant. Who would have thought that people willingly ingest drain cleaner and battery fluid or that they form the most addictive substance on the planet? It takes the brain 14 months of abstinence for it's dopamine levels to return to the state they were in before meth addiction. So recovery is actually well within the grasp of anyone who can manage to break the habit and abstain for that period. Unfortunately it's only the brain that recovers. The damage done in your social and work life can be irreparable.

One of the doctors at the clinic that I work in is the head doctor in addiction medicine at a nearby hospital. He has lots of fun facts about drugs and recovery.

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I had to google to find out exactly which drug you meant. Who would have thought that people willingly ingest drain cleaner and battery fluid or that they form the most addictive substance on the planet? It takes the brain 14 months of abstinence for it's dopamine levels to return to the state they were in before meth addiction. So recovery is actually well within the grasp of anyone who can manage to break the habit and abstain for that period. Unfortunately it's only the brain that recovers. The damage done in your social and work life can be irreparable.

One of the doctors at the clinic that I work in is the head doctor in addiction medicine at a nearby hospital. He has lots of fun facts about drugs and recovery.

That drug in Russia is the worst. Crocodile drug, or summat. 

Â