Drugs

PussEKatt

• 2 weeks later...

I had a few drags of a joint the other week before a pickup game of basketball and not long after I had lost my vision even though eyes were open and I felt like I was going to lose consciousness (not in the seedy 'green out' way), lost my balance and it took about 5 minutes for me to regain vision and the ability to walk over to a friend to inform him I was no good to play and was heading home.

Turned out to be a bit of a waste of an evening.

9 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Off on holiday to Eindhoven next week and have designated at least one evening to stay in the AirBNB and wolf down some edibles whilst my wife acts a carer/handler.  She won't touch them after an incident at new year's day 2016 in Amsterdam where the zoo was the only thing open and I suggested it would be great fun to split a muffin then go there.  It was all going well until we got to the penguin enclosure, then the missus (who is quite anxious when she's sober) started freaking out.  I took her back to flat we were staying in and settled her down for a nap, then I trawled Dutch Netflix for stuff to watch and wound up seeing out the rest of my trip with a double-bill of John Wick and Frozen (came away from both feeling like I'd just watched Citizen Kane) whilst eating two American-style Dr. Oetker pizzas, back-to-back (you get way more Oetker-pizza variety on the continent than just the Ristorantes that we get here).

Fortunately she's quite happy to babysit me through such endeavours, as invariably she winds up documenting the more inane drivel I come out with for her own amusement/mockery later.  Some choice ones from our last trip to Amsterdam included me allegedly refusing to get into the bed because "I'm not saying it's not a bed, but I'm also not saying it's not a crocodile", remarking without any prior context that "room temperature was the good times" and later curling up into a ball on the bed/crocodile and sobbing uncontrollably whilst listening to all 16 minutes of 'Mogwai Fear Satan'.

I’m curious why anyone would want to live those experiences or consider repeating something similar.

not sure if i should post this in here or anyone watching a goo tv show or  documentries you have to watch thread....

decided on this one

whats happening in America is shocking, the figures and stats are truly remarkable

coming to a town near you soon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p06p9ksq/death-on-the-i95

Drug overdose is now the main cause of death for Americans under the age of 50, they are more likely to die from a drug overdose than a car accident or gun.

More than 70,000 people died from overdoses last year as opioids and illegal fentanyl – which is up to 50 times stronger than heroin – unleashed the worst public health crisis in American history.

Two years ago, BBC News reported on the growing problem of opioid addiction in the US, now we return to find out what happened to the people we met along our journey down the notorious I-95, the interstate that runs from Florida to Maine, and to see what has become of their struggle against addiction

Edited by imavillan

57 minutes ago, imavillan said:

not sure if i should post this in here or anyone watching a goo tv show or  documentries you have to watch thread....

decided on this one

whats happening in America is shocking, the figures and stats are truly remarkable

coming to a town near you soon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p06p9ksq/death-on-the-i95

Drug overdose is now the main cause of death for Americans under the age of 50, they are more likely to die from a drug overdose than a car accident or gun.

More than 70,000 people died from overdoses last year as opioids and illegal fentanyl – which is up to 50 times stronger than heroin – unleashed the worst public health crisis in American history.

Two years ago, BBC News reported on the growing problem of opioid addiction in the US, now we return to find out what happened to the people we met along our journey down the notorious I-95, the interstate that runs from Florida to Maine, and to see what has become of their struggle against addiction

If you find that interesting, have a Google for BC Opioid Crisis and it'll blow your mind.

Lower East Vancouver was already awash with zombies when I was living there, but now there's folks dying all over the place. Fentanyl is just wiping out addicts across the whole of British Columbia.

Terrifying stuff.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, brommy said:

I’m curious why anyone would want to live those experiences or consider repeating something similar.

I don't personally understand why someone would want to be babysat, talk incoherently or cry uncontrollably without being fraught with trauma or despair.

People seem to do it all the time when pissed drunk though. Yet that one seems to be generally understood and accepted.

My experience of edible weed is different from what's described above. Not really my sort of trip, I've done it once and doubt I will again.

My guess would be that Gareth likes to get a little weird every now and then and trip out on his own terms.

Edibles are awesome. I gave up smoking it a year or two ago, and now enjoy an edible or two on the weekend. Once you get a decent recipe happening it's brilliant - cheap, effective, no ill-effect on your health, and a much longer buzz than having a joint. Mmmmmmm.

• Like 1

Drugs are an escape from reality, whether that’s for positive, or negative purposes. Some people like to leave their reality by painting, and some choose drugs, or whatever else. Never one for weed, but those first few years of cocaine use were magical. Ecstasy was great too. 

• Like 2

If you think of the mind as a computer then taking drugs is almost like a reboot now and again or in the case of psychedelics, adding some extra ram.

Being teetotal is great but life is pretty boring without switching things up now and again.

• Like 1

Psychedelics are just not good for some people, like myself.

Never had a good experience on LSD or Mushrooms. Must be my negative mental state. In fact, I would probably go as far to saying that one trip I had on LSD was probably the worst experience of my life. The self-reflection was painful, didn't help it lasted about 48 hours too :lol: 

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Drugs are an escape from reality, whether that’s for positive, or negative purposes. Some people like to leave their reality by painting, and some choose drugs, or whatever else. Never one for weed, but those first few years of cocaine use were magical. Ecstasy was great too. 

I remember my first ecstasy pill. I was 14 years old and I remember asking the guy scoring it for us if I could die from it. I was quite nervous. The pills were very good quality, I know because I was in the company of seasoned EDM heads and they were pinging as hard as I was. The elation and warmth towards others was incredible. I never got too heavily into it, thankfully as I think the quality plummeted in Australia soon after.

I live in Australia where cocaine is expensive and often of terrible quality. I've had maybe 3-4 times. The only time it did anything for me was through a connect that had quality everything, well connected, we smoked it off the side of a cigarette, and the buzz was greater than any bag of coke I've snorted.

I was huge on weed. Smoked bongs daily from age of 14 and was getting rid of a few kilos a week by age 16. It's been almost entirely out of my life for about 8 years now.

I don't really have regrets but I think I was a bit young for all that stuff. It certainly has had it's consequences, in Primary school I never scored less than a distinction in any subject, and high distinctions came my way too. But by the age of 15-16 there was serious issues with truancy and my education suffered. I'm grateful I learnt from the street though.

One women my step father used to deal to was a prostitute, ended up paying her way through a psychology degree and is now helping other people. I love that. That's a winning mentality for me. Give me a perceived weakness and turn it into a strength.

Sorry for going a bit off topic there, Rugeley's post brought back some memories from a past life.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Edibles are awesome. I gave up smoking it a year or two ago, and now enjoy an edible or two on the weekend. Once you get a decent recipe happening it's brilliant - cheap, effective, no ill-effect on your health, and a much longer buzz than having a joint. Mmmmmmm.

It's pretty much an "only on tour" policy for me, mostly by choice, somewhat by not knowing where I'd even start!  Honestly I'm so oblivious/naive to this kind of thing, there was an occasion a few years back when we crashed round a mate's house post-festival and they asked if we wanted any coke, to which I asked if they had diet coke because then I'd love a glass. 

I've been passed a smoke about 2-3 times total in my life and it did bugger all for me, doubly so as a non-smoker so as far as I'm concerned my hedonistic limit shall remain having some delicious cake that makes me laugh like a word removed for 2 hours.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

If you find that interesting, have a Google for BC Opioid Crisis and it'll blow your mind.

Lower East Vancouver was already awash with zombies when I was living there, but now there's folks dying all over the place. Fentanyl is just wiping out addicts across the whole of British Columbia.

Terrifying stuff.

I've googled it and read a few articles....its a time bomb thats already going off and still quivering with aftershock.

That Fentanyl stuff is scary for sure. It will only cast its net even wider and will soon be in towns and cities in the UK if indeed its not already here.

Indeed it is terrifying and will only get worse. I think it is unstoppable when you have addicts looking for a higher high and dealers peddling this crap about at such cheap prices. The scary thing is they are now lacing other drugs like coke with it to get people hooked even more to keep the never ending demand in place.

34 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I've googled it and read a few articles....its a time bomb thats already going off and still quivering with aftershock.

That Fentanyl stuff is scary for sure. It will only cast its net even wider and will soon be in towns and cities in the UK if indeed its not already here.

Indeed it is terrifying and will only get worse. I think it is unstoppable when you have addicts looking for a higher high and dealers peddling this crap about at such cheap prices. The scary thing is they are now lacing other drugs like coke with it to get people hooked even more to keep the never ending demand in place.

A lot of the American issue is down to doctors prescribing opioids for trivial issues because they have been incentivised to do so by pharmaceutical companies, things like Fentanyl sprays are easily available ffs. When people get addicted to prescribed opioids and can no longer get prescriptions it means they seek heroin, 'illegal' fentanyl etc as a replacement.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I was given valium before a minor op. Worked a treat as an alternative to the usual anesthetic.

I was then sent home with half a dozen more and told if I needed any more just ask. I didn't take any of the ones I walked out with but bloody hell I could see how someone could really quickly get in to that.

I'm very naive when it comes to recreational drugs. I was offered some mexican mushrooms at glastonbury by a drop dead fit girl in a bikini top and daisy duke shorts, as she wandered around the tents only for me to reply (whilst ogling her hooters) that i wasn't hungry. The look of disbelief on her face was priceless. I honestly thought she had some garlic mayo in her bag & said mushrooms were coated in breadcrumbs ?

• Like 1

Â