rjw63

Yeah, my mistake, In full:

01] Wenger (Arsenal) 16 years 232 days

02] Pardew (Newcastle) 2 years 163 days

03] Allardyce (West Ham) 1 year 354 days

04] Jol (Fulham) 1 year 348 days

05] Rodgers (Liverpool) 354 days

06] Lambert (Villa) 353 days

English footballs expectations of managerial reigns have been massively distorted by Fergie and Wenger (and to a lesser extent, Moyes) but the truth is 2-3 seasons is all you get these days and it has been like that for quite a while for most clubs. Will Lambert still be in charge of the Villa in 2015/16? Probably not.

If you're discounting Martinez 'cause he's relegated then surely you should include Mackay who's been promoted. That puts Rodgers 6th, you were right the first time IMO.

And what about Bruce with Hull?

This is a manager who is supposed to have nutted one of his players while naked in a dressing room bust up remember.

No matter what you get up to this weekend, it probably won't end up that crazy. In a way Pulis got more respect from me after that because it showed he had character :D

Perhaps it was after that he decided to spend less time in the dressing room, thus missing out on the joshing and fun with the severed pig's head.  ;)

Who ever gets the job has got a very difficult act to follow. Whatever you think of Pullis's style of play he has done a magnificent job at Stoke. everybody expected them to do a Derby. I expect them to plummet downwards now.

I disagree Pullis did a "magnificent job"

His tactics and style are an absolute abomination and I hope we never see his kind again in football.

Lambert, Rodgers , Martinez types are the way forwards.

He played to his strengths and they were nowhere near as bad as Wimbledon were. and I didn't mind seeing them stick it up the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea at the Britannia Stadium.

Pulis is like O'Neill. Spend,spend and no real progress.

Dave Kitson-£5.5 Million

Dean Whitehead-£5.5 Million

Kenwyne Jones-£8.5 Million

Wilson Palacios-£10 Million

Peter Crouch-£10 Million

Cameron Jerome-£5 Million

Michael Kightly- £4 Million

Charlie Adam-£5 Million

Some truly awful **** buys right there. Stoke have the 3rd highest net spend in the last five years. Roughly about £79.2 Million. Add to that the rugby that they play and I would say that Pulis has underachieved given the resources.

Edited by Avfc96

Palacios cost 6 million, Jerome 4 million,

Stoke City are one of the few premiere league clubs debt free. So I think for a club of their size to achieve what they have done, FA Cup finalists, Europa league without going into debt is quite an achievement.

Unlike Oneill, Pullis has spent wisely.

I can see Martinez going back to Spain. 

Out of curiosity, what makes you think that?   Martinez has lived in the UK since he was 21 and is married to a Scottish girl.  It wouldn't surprise me if he never returned to Spain.

I think Stoke are going to fall to pieces now. The playing style of Pulis completely changed everything at that club and the team are full of players who can only play that type of game. I really cannot see their team of brick shithouses and cloggers trying to play an intricate passing game or even fast counter-attacking football. The only thing they knew was strangling the life out of other teams, pressing them up the pitch and then scoring from long balls and set pieces. They are definitely now one of the favourites to go down next season.

Out of curiosity, what makes you think that?   Martinez has lived in the UK since he was 21 and is married to a Scottish girl.  It wouldn't surprise me if he never returned to Spain.

Ah, did not know he was married to a scottish girl.. Might not go back then...

Ah, did not know he was married to a scottish girl.. Might not go back then...

I often get the feeling he feels more British than Spanish...

am sure before his wedding Dave Whelan said she wasnt good enough for Roberto

:lol:

Edited by AVFCforever1991

am sure before his wedding Dave Whelan said she wasnt good enough for Roberto

Brilliant

And on the honeymoon night he said he was too big for her...........

Palacios cost 6 million, Jerome 4 million,

Stoke City are one of the few premiere league clubs debt free. So I think for a club of their size to achieve what they have done, FA Cup finalists, Europa league without going into debt is quite an achievement.

Unlike Oneill, Pullis has spent wisely.

>Jerome 4 million

>Pulis has spent wisely

Â