Friendly: Brazil v England

maqroll

why not? no matter how small or talentless they are its a country after all

The fact that they have never won a competitive game might have something to do with it. I don't think they should be allowed in the qualifying stages of the Euros and World Cup. They are just a joke who give everyone in their group 6 points each and helps them to pad out their goal difference. It's pretty unfair on the other groups who don't get them.

That shouldn't stop them from competing against Sunday league sides and the like though, that is after all their level.

I agree, but I do think maybe the idea of pre-qualifying rounds for the minnows is an idea that could be explored.

Who benefits from San Marino travelling to Holland and getting hammered 13-0?

Wouldn't it be better if teams like San Mariino, Andorra etc etc had their own qualifying competition and then the winner went into the main one?

• Like 2

I agree, but I do think maybe the idea of pre-qualifying rounds for the minnows is an idea that could be explored.

Wouldn't it be better if teams like San Mariino, Andorra etc etc had their own qualifying competition and then the winner went into the main one?

Exactly.

I don't agree.

What's the point of these teams playing each other in a group for the right to lose 5-0 every game in qualifying proper? They'll never get any better playing each other and people of San Marino are less likely to even want to play the sport if their highlight is going to be playing away to Andorra. At least now they have the opportunity to play against some of the Worlds best player.

So when San Marino get knocked out straight away what would they do for 2 years while everyone else is playing the main qualifiers?

So when San Marino get knocked out straight away what would they do for 2 years while everyone else is playing the main qualifiers?

Play friendlies, compete in smaller competitions.

It's what Singapore's football team do all the time.

I don't agree.

What's the point of these teams playing each other in a group for the right to lose 5-0 every game in qualifying proper? They'll never get any better playing each other and people of San Marino are less likely to even want to play the sport if their highlight is going to be playing away to Andorra. At least now they have the opportunity to play against some of the Worlds best player.

I'd argue they'd benefit more from playing teams around their level and SLIGHTLY better than playing teams that absolutely hammer them every game.

What they do now isn't even playing football. It's just desperately hanging on and trying to keep the scored down. At least if they played teams more their level they'd actually beable to play the sport.

You don't improve by getting hammered in every single game. And San Marino's appalling record is testament to that 

Edited by Stevo985

What they do now isn't even playing football. It's just desperately hanging on and trying to keep the scored down. At least if they played teams more their level they'd actually beable to play the sport.

Alex McLeish has made a career out of it so why cant San Marino :P

Â