Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Have we heard anything about him today? 

He rang me earlier for a brief chat. I bought him a pre-pay phone so no-one would listen to our calls. Can't say too much right now, but I am meeting him at airport the tomorrow. But which one....

:detect:

Edited by diehardvillan

LECH POZNAN last night accepted a £2.6million bid from Aston Villa for Celtic target Aleksandar Tonev.
Now Villa boss Paul Lambert — a former Hoops skipper — is confident he can wrap up the signing of the highly-rated star this weekend.
SunSport revealed last month that Celts had targeted the Bulgarian winger, 23.
But Lambo has now nipped ahead of old team-mate Neil Lennon and a string of top continental clubs.
After positive talks with Lambert yesterday, all that remains is for Villa to agree personal terms with Tonev who, sources say, is desperate to play in the English Premier League. From Back Page signing of the highly-rated star this weekend.
SunSport revealed last month that Celts had targeted the Bulgarian winger, 23.
But Lambo has now nipped ahead of old team-mate Neil Lennon and a string of top continental clubs.
After positive talks with Lambert yesterday, all that remains is for Villa to agree personal terms with Tonev who, sources say, is desperate to play in the English Premier League.
  • Like 3

And I bet its not even £2.6m!

Hopefully the story above is true about positive talks, looks as if the Premier League is what has made him stutter with his Celtic move.

First signing of the Summer it looks to be after all.

And I bet its not even £2.6m!

Hopefully the story above is true about positive talks, looks as if the Premier League is what has made him stutter with his Celtic move.

First signing of the Summer it looks to be after all.

Yeah the Scottish journo said it was less than £2 million.

in some of the videos on youtube hes the free kick taker. Hopefully he can cross. He looks good on youtube. Quick and a good dribbler with a powerful shot. Up against woeful defenders though. Be interesting to see if he can step up.

in Kendricks latest article with a polish expert he says that Tonev is not even a regular starter there? Bit of a worry that he cannot make that league as a regular?

He is young though.

Who knows. Looks technically good and has good pace and a good shot. All you need in the premier league. Hope he can cross..

Lukaku wasn't a starter most of the season .. though everybody are talking about how bad West Brom will do without him ..

I saw one video for Tonev .. But tbh .. I don't want to go and try to watch until he signs .. Not really good to watch anyone and get impressed with him when he'll not sign ..

I was very impressed with his shots .. We really need someone like him !

Rotate him with Weimann ..  and Sometimes with Gabby .. 

Two of them starts .. One comes later .. Depends on every match ..

All for this type of signing - of course, the obligatory YouTube montages make him look very decent but would like to think PL and his scouting team have unearthed another inexpensive player!

I see him as a potential replacement for Holman and/or N'Zogbia.

Edited by theboyangel

Â