McGrath & Taylor confirmed for Dublin AVFC party on Aug 3rd/4th

On the weekend of August 3rd & 4th, Villa are over in Dublin to play Shamrock Rovers in a pre-season friendly. That bit you already knew.

What you didn't know was that the whole weekend is an official AVFC party in Dublin being hosted in Murrays Bar on O'Connell Street and that God himself - Paul McGrath will be joined by Ian Taylor, the League Cup from 1996 and a still-to-be-confirmed 4th guest. There will be thousands there over the course of the weekend. For those who were present for the Bohemians game a few years back you have an idea of what to expect. For everyone else I can only invite you and say it will be an awesome weekend well worth coming over for. It's a Bank Holiday weekend in Ireland so if you are planning on making the short trip across from England, it might be an idea to book the Monday off work because Sunday night will be every bit as mental as Saturday.

For more details on the plans for that weekend you can visit the details page of the supporters group website.

The more the merrier guys and gals. You know it makes sense :D

935120_10151675754106420_1865812602_n.jp

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Bohs match from a few years back was great craic. All of us marching up to the ground at the same time was the best bit.

That was absolutely fantastic. It'll be something similar this year except we'll be marching to the LUAS on Abbey Street and then completely taking it over and singing all the way to Tallaght :)

the GAA are a nasty organisation. they take everything but never like giving back.

Most Rovers fan I know are OK and they have a bad reputation for a few stupid things in the past and bit of media bashing. but they played Linfield recently (to describe to non Irish fans is potentially a smaller version of Old Firm) but was no trouble at game was maybe 3 arrests for disorder though the media made out like chaos happened.

Am sure nothing will happen and especially with a big team in town police presence will be there

Seems my bro had the same opinion of the GAA

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I removed my post as I'd since found the article on the Daily Heil. Yeah, that is no bueno. Thanks for the heads up.

Co-incidentally, tickets for the match go on sale today @ midday.

Â