Best TV Show Theme Songs

maqroll

Get ready for a flood...

Category 1: sports music

NBC's Sunday Night Football theme package... composed by John Williams with some remixing and rearranging as the years went by. Gets a really good balance of Roman gladiators and modern technology. The 2nd half sponsor bed from 2:45 is probably my favorite version of the package.

Faith Hill (though she'll be replaced by Carrie Underwood for the upcoming season) does a reasonably good parody/reworking of Joan Jett, though I may be the only one who defends Pink's original rendition (which was at least closer in attitude to Jett's)

As the best ones are already mentioned, such as Hill Street blues, MASH and the Pink Panther I'll just post this one:

Has this just turned into the "theme music from decent shows" thread?

It has now.

As the best ones are already mentioned, such as Hill Street blues, MASH and the Pink Panther I'll just post this one:

Has this just turned into the "theme music from decent shows" thread?

It has now.

Not for me. I really like that theme. If it was about the shows I'd posted other themes on here.

There can't be anyone on the planet that doesn't know the lyrics to the littlest hobo , can there ??

Thankfully I'm proof that there is, lasted 10 secs and had never heard it before. Dreadful

Did you live in a cave !! I bet even Mike had heard of it :)

Heard OF it, but that's as far as it goes.

Fighting the urge to just to post a load of awesome cartoon theme tunes.  Actually giving this some proper thought, there are a couple of theme tunes that I could happily just listen to whenever, wherever...

Edited by GarethRDR

Â