Neymar - the new superstar, or the new Robinho?

Neymar - new Ronaldo, or new Robinho?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Neymar - new Ronaldo, or new Robinho?

This poll is closed to new votes

He's already hated quite a lot by some fans due to his hype. Which considering his goal return at his age is quite frankly deserved.

his goal return in Brazil is blinkered though. nearly half came in state championship which is equivalent of Man United playing a league with teams like City, Liverpool, Bury, Oldham, Macclesfield and Accrington Stanley

I'm not not hugely convinced by him but he's obviously got an incredible amount of skill and talent so a lot of it depends on his temperament. Robinho had similar amount of hype at an early agr but else always appeared to have the mentality of a 6 year old boy. You need to be much more than a skilful showpony to succeed in European football. I'm sitting on the fence at the moment ;)

Ridiculous poll. He's neither the new Ronaldo, Messi, Bosko Balaban or Emile Heskey. He's a distinct and marvelous individual talent, who could potentially be a successful signing for Barcelona. Only time will tell how good he will be in Europe.

just a bit of fun, it's not going to be handed to him on arrival at Barcelona airport...

I think he will be a success.  He won't be the best player in Barcelona's team, and some people will use that as a stick to beat him with, but he will definitely be a success.

I'll go with this. And I'll happily beat him with that stick for not being the 2nd coming. Mainly because I've had to listen to how he IS the 2nd coming for the past few years. Now's yer chance Neymar.

Been over hyped so much. Think he'll be a decent player with a reasonable goal return for them. It'll be interesting to see how he fits into the team with Messi as the team will still be built around him.

Dunno. Brazilians aren't what they used to be.

They do have some fantastic defenders though. Oh how times have changed

Their game has become more European, so good defenders/defensive midfielders were always going to be the by-product of that change.

It's shame, because I hear people talk about the Brazil of the past and how wonderful they were, but every team I remember was just like a good European club team with the occasional genius.

Aside from Chile under Bielsa, and Czech Republic at Euro 2004 (still my favourite team, ever) there has hardly been a purely entertaining team internationally.

Yeah, yeah. Spain tippy tappy nonsense is great for some, but tedious for the rest of us (aside from the last Euro final, they were pretty **** special that day - shows what they can do when they feel like having a go at it).

Spain were entertaining at Euro 2008 though but going off topic them 2 teams you mentioned were good but I though Russia and Turkey 2008(really was an awesome tournament) Argentina 2006 and Germany 2010 were last good teams to watch at major tournaments.

not surprisingly Spain was only team to win the tournament

Edited by Zatman

Think he'll flop.

He did not stand out at all for me in the 2011 Copa American and last year's Olympics which were two major tournaments for Brazil and also against opposition that are a bit better than what he plays week in week out.

Must admit I thought Pato was better coming through plus his early form at Meeelan but sadly injuries have curtailed him at the top level.

Didn't see this thread before commenting on the general transfer one. Rev has it right IMO, Pele has set the bar too high for him to be universally considered a success but objectively he'll play well, score goals and therefore be successful.

Also agree with Zat that Lucas has more potential, but he probably has more potential than anyone in the world atm.

If he turns out to be good he'll be one of the few good transfers Barca has made in that last few years.

made some stinkers, Chygrinskii and Keirrison were probably 2 of worst signings in history. I think they played about 8 games for Barca between them and all by the Ukrainian

40 million euros the 2 cost them :o

Â