Player Salaries

LoughboroughLion

Spurs are apparently still paying Bentley £50k pw - What a waste - I wonder why they haven't purged all their high earners - and recruited players from the lower leagues on 20k pw ?

This policy will end in disaster - as we are now seeing even if players come to us on low wages - if they look the business, they will want parity with the going rate for a prem player - be that at villa or somewhere else. I don't believe you can sustain a premier league side without paying premier league wages.

First thing is that Spurs wages was less than us if I'm not mistaken ..

Second thing the quality there was better than us ..

Thirdly they've made it to the CL yet we didn't ..

Another thing is .. 

For example a player like Westwood or Lowton ..

Who could be better than them in PL and we could afford ?!

Eck got 4 proven Premier League players .. Yet no one is starting for us ! And even when they started .. They didn't offer us as good !

The thing is if you're only going to get crap players .. Try to get them cheap !

Doing that .. It's better to take an unproven player which your not sure if he's good or bad than getting a proven bad player with more money ! 

Anyways it's the only way we could go through tbh ! 

One of the members wrote the wages .. 

If we could save the money from unwanted players wages .. then we would have a space to upgrade our players wages .. 

And if we managed to let them say and improved next year .. Our money will be saved more .. Which will give us opportunity to up it again for the top players ..

This way you only give wages for the one who deserves it .. And played with your shirt .. + you put everything in control ..

Spurs are apparently still paying Bentley £50k pw - What a waste - I wonder why they haven't purged all their high earners - and recruited players from the lower leagues on 20k pw ?

This policy will end in disaster - as we are now seeing even if players come to us on low wages - if they look the business, they will want parity with the going rate for a prem player - be that at villa or somewhere else. I don't believe you can sustain a premier league side without paying premier league wages.

How about sustaining a football club so there is one to support?

Agree - that's generally the job of a billionaire owner and why fans get excited when one purchases your club. There are small number of clubs which are now owned by supporters, these tend to be very poor in terms of cash.

W eve swallowed this issue of wages hook, line and sinker. The situation at villa isn't unique, plenty of clubs have costly players unable to get in the side - but Villa have hyped up these big earners - and made a club policy focused on players that have failed. Every summer we hear how the manager will have more scope now player x is leaving - then the following summer its player 'y' - Meanwhile the club looks further and further away from being a premiership force. Im already plotting next season hoping we won't be quite as sh*t as Hull, Cardiff, stoke , Norwich.

Young and Hungry - My ars* - more like cheap and cheerful  !!

Swallowed what line and what does the fact that he's a billionaire have to do with anything?

Just because he's a billionaire doesn't mean he has to spend it all on the Villa.

Does he take money from the club?

IF we cannot afford to be a premier league club without constant injection then we cannot be a premier league club simple as that, we're trying to get to the point of being a well run club, learning from our mistakes not signing players on massive wages that do us no good whats so ever.

Said it before some fans need to experience relegation, as shhhh whisper it football exists outside in other leagues

Said it before some fans need to experience relegation, as shhhh whisper it football exists outside in other leagues

What a very odd comment. Care to explain exactly which fans "need" to experience relegation, and precisely why they need to?

Just for info, I have experienced relegation three times since I became a Villa fan. It was humiliating and very demoralising each time and damaged the club. I wouldn't wish relegation on any fans of any club, but particularly not Villa fans.

Nearly 100k a week on Albrighton, KEA, Holman and Le Fonz  :bang:

Are you kidding me. A worse one than that is Given, Dunne, Ireland, Bent. Over 200k on players a week right there who offered next to nothing for us last season.

I agree, but we were already aware of that. Id already shed a tear about those players.  :)

Â