Jonathon Calderwood joins PSG

HalfTimePost

Will the policy of unproven youngsters carry over?

In regard to the new groundsman, you mean? Not quite. The story on the OS went something like, two blokes that were working under Calderwood and have been at the club for years are taking up his work, but splitting it - one is doing the pitch at VP, the other the pitches at BH.

Yeah i guess the new groundsmen will just have to learn by trowel and error when he goes.

• Like 1

to be fair, and in reflection, all he does is sit on a lawner mower, how difficult can cutting grass once every two weeks be?

Probably a lot harder than you might imagine, which would explain why our pitch is consistently the best in the league. It doesn't just happen by coincidence. As has been mentioned, one would hope he's passed his skills on to an understudy.

Can't really begrudge him his move. though, they're probably paying him double what we would and PSG is a glamour club at the moment. 

They'll be nicking the turnstile operators next.

Ps we will have to employ some ugly ones to ensure we hang on to them.

Edited by TRO

so... one groundsman will have villa park (1 pitch) to look after, whilst the other groundsman has 13 pitches to look after? how is that fair?

does anyone else think the layout of bodymoor heath is abit sh-ite? lucky im not a footballer, id be knackered walked from one side to the other, forget that!

What you don't know is that they have an underground network of little mine carts. Getting from one side of the complex to the other is piss easy.

That's how I like to think of it anyway.

Â