Jonathon Calderwood joins PSG

HalfTimePost

what a strange transfer

i was annoyed when we lost our then assistant and goalkeeping coach to middlesbrough

the backroom staff revolving door swings far too much at this club, how do we struggle to keep hold of them

what a strange transfer

i was annoyed when we lost our then assistant and goalkeeping coach to middlesbrough

the backroom staff revolving door swings far too much at this club, how do we struggle to keep hold of them

Who else have we lost bar the scout? 4 staff moving on in 15 or so years is hardly shocking.

Fair play to him !! I can't help feeling jilted though. Having your groundsman nicked. It's one of those sacrosanct positions. You just don't take another club's groundsman :) He's at the top of his profession though, so again fair balls to him :thumb:

I'm just going to assume we dont have a 'The Groundsman Thread'.

Congrats to #avfc groundsman Jonathon Calderwood on his move to PSG. I'd say the grass isn't always greener, but with Jon it always is

We can't even keep our groundsman from wanting to join Champions League clubs! /s.

Ack! Hope they keep up the standard at Villa Park without him.

At least Calderwood gets away before the sacrilege of rugby union being played at Villa Park (2014 WC venue) and having to clear up the mess afterwards.

2015 actually.

Will the policy of unproven youngsters carry over?

In regard to the new groundsman, you mean? Not quite. The story on the OS went something like, two blokes that were working under Calderwood and have been at the club for years are taking up his work, but splitting it - one is doing the pitch at VP, the other the pitches at BH.

Â