Jonathon Calderwood joins PSG

HalfTimePost

I'm just going to assume we dont have a 'The Groundsman Thread'.

Congrats to #avfc groundsman Jonathon Calderwood on his move to PSG. I'd say the grass isn't always greener, but with Jon it always is

We can't even keep our groundsman from wanting to join Champions League clubs! /s.

Edited by HalfTimePost

I'm just going to assume we dont have a 'The Groundsman Thread'.

Congrats to #avfc groundsman Jonathon Calderwood on his move to PSG. I'd say the grass isn't always greener, but with Jon it always is

We can't even keep our groundsman from wanting to join Champions League clubs! /s.

Ack! Hope they keep up the standard at Villa Park without him.

At least Calderwood gets away before the sacrilege of rugby union being played at Villa Park (2014 WC venue) and having to clear up the mess afterwards.

What has football come to when a groundsman moves on for CL football, the glamour of Paris and no doubt a higher wage?<br /><br />But, if the worst does come to the worst we can just put sand on the mud as we did well enough back when we did so all those years ago...<br /><br />More seriously, he did a great job and I wish him all the best and I hope his French is up to the demands of the job!<br /><br />I see we now have Paul Mytton and Graeme Farmer (who have between them spent 17 years at the club) taking over at VP &amp; Bodymoor respectively. They both have big boots to fill and the proof will be out there on the pitch for all to see at the end of next season. Good luck to both.

"he even gave SHA advice when their pitch froze over a few seasons back". Fair play to him Meath-Villan and I note they took his advice because they have spread and have been playing a lot of s**t on it since then...

Should have mown he'd go to a bigger club eventually.

[Ouch.]

Yeah we should have figured he'd sod off at some point.

Edit. And as you can see, if you languish, someone will beat you to it.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

Â