Champions League Final: Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund

maqroll

CL Final  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Lift the Trophy?

• Bayern Munich
    • Borussia Dortmund

I've put off getting a Dortmund shirt all season, kind of wish I'd got one at the start now before the mass-bandwagoning started (not moaning about it, think its great fans en mass are looking up to Dortmund rather than the likes of Man City/PSG etc).

Like the rest of you. Heart says Dortmund. Head says Bayern. 

Really, really want Dortmund to win this, liked them since 10/11.

Echte Liebe.

What's the love in with Dortmund all about ?

Genuine question

Probably that they've spent next to nothing, play great football and made it to the CL Final. It's not like they've sort of back doored it like most teams, they actually deserve to be in the competition by winning their domestic title last season.

• Like 1

Genuine question

Probably that they've spent next to nothing, play great football and made it to the CL Final. It's not like they've sort of back doored it like most teams, they actually deserve to be in the competition by winning their domestic title last season.
Thanks, makes perfect sense.

Go Dortmund (in extra time that is ;-)

Genuine question

I think for most people (well for me anyway). It's just quite refreshing to have a team build their way up instead of buy it. There aren't many clubs that take their league and Europe by storm anymore without  spending massive massive sums of money, it simply doesn't happen anymore.

When you add in to that that their fans are utterly brilliant, the style of football they play and the talent on show in their team it is, for me anyway, a club to aspire to. They have done things in very much the right way.

As a Villa fan it is also a great, for lack of a better word, role model. In 2007 this club was on the verge of relegation to 2. Bundesliga and on the verge of bankruptcy due to over spending and over paying for players. They have since restructured, bought young, hungry and talented players from around Germany and the world and built this great team for a relative pittance, whilst also blooding a lot of their own youngsters into their squad.

I think a lot of it is it's just a great story. Perhaps 20 years ago this story wouldn't have been so great. Building a club up was perhaps the norm but it doesn't happen very often anymore.

• Like 2

Â