VT gathering

Ingram85

Just trying to get an idea of anyone who would fancy doing a semi-regular night out somewhere in brum? Like a meal then beers type thing?

Rather than a once every year meet up after a game, if its an occasional thing instead it gives others who couldn't normally make such a thing a chance to meet up. I'm thinking once every few months or so.

If this is just a terrible idea or complete non starter then just say and the topic can be closed.

Even though i dont understand why its human nature to avoid such events and that i personally always think its great to meet new people.....maybe in hindsight, its not the best time to suggest such a thing :P

Sod the lot of you all then :lol:

After today of all days, this idea comes to you? :D

EDIT: In all seriousness, yes. We'll have the VTXI where we'll all meet up anyway so a night out kinda thing would be good too.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Yeah, not my grandest of plans I'll admit

I still think it would be a good thing to do though  :mellow:

Me too mate **** the snobs. Perhaps just the two of us, candle lit dinner?

I mate Blandy on Sunday for the first time, he was well on his way when I left the pub but he was nothing like I imagined him to be. That's neither a good nor bad thing just an observation. But I enjoyed meeting and putting a name to a face I have in some vague way known since 2003.

Just thought it would be interesting and a fun social thing to do I guess, maybe help towards relieving some of the tension round here. Mods, nuke it from orbit, its the only way to be sure.

Yep, I would, if it was a night out in brum though, I guess someone would have to uh, put me up for the night? Is that a bad idea? Yes? What's that, sensible VT crowd? Don't go anywhere near any of the deviant crowds home, and especially don't stop overnight? Oh, OK.

I think we should do a massive VT gathering...pick a home game next spring, get the VT'ers from around the world to make the pilgrimage...make a long weekend of it, maybe book up one hotel, take over the bar, invite Scuba Steve...we could do an awards ceremony for posts of the year, collect money for charity...

• Like 2

me drinking with strangers just isn't a good idea, I am quite strange and would more than likely end up offending someone or scaring them

Or getting punched

I think we should do a massive VT gathering...pick a home game next spring, get the VT'ers from around the world to make the pilgrimage...make a long weekend of it, maybe book up one hotel, take over the bar, invite Scuba Steve...we could do an awards ceremony for posts of the year, collect money for charity...

This is a great idea. I'd love to meet Pelle.

Â