New York City - Man City

drat01

yeah saw that they were trying to do it before, the sheik was trying to do it but im sure that they were struggling to get planning permission for the new stadium, seems like he's taken his name off everything and stuck city on it

and expects to begin play in 2015

Possible to start be a fan right now. And in 2015 say that I Gloor / fan for 2 years.  :D  :D  :D This is so sad all  :(

I'm sure I read somewhere that MLS teams don't really buy players and even when they sell, it's the league that makes the sale not the individual club. Could be wrong, I'm just sure I read that somewhere when there was talk of Donovan being bought by Everton.

I'm not the most well tuned into the MLS, but I think the general principal is that there's an allotted amount of players a team can have that are foreign. I think the they're called "designated players"

Fairness and all that nonsense.

If MLS ever really wants to take off, they'll have to adopt the European financial structure. Parity is all good and well, but it sucks when all teams suck the same.

i thought designated players werent foreign but outside of the wage cap, im sure LA Galaxy's were beckham, keane and donovan

each player is registered to the MLS so if they are sold abroad the league get some money too, im sure they also have some rules about the number of youth contracts

if FM taught me one thing its that its all a bit confusing, but in theory city could send over 1/2 of their elite squad (still cant get my head round that bollocks) on loan and then farm out some of the superstars rather than retire them, if it was this summer id say Barry, 2/3 years time im thinking zabeleta, lescott etc or they could just pick whoever they want from europe and off them mega bucks to play there, or they could use it as a place to snap up talent from north / south america and then get 1st dibs on them if they are any good, im thinking the likes of carlos fierro

Funny how communal the MLS is, in comparison to the relatively capitalist system that exists in European football. It's ironic because outside of football, it is the direct opposite.

Â