Gardening

Stevo985

@Stevo985

That's probably not too different to the first one I did (though I chucked some shrubs in first off rather than flowers). It seems fine, those fellows should grow and fill that up (assuming the heat doesn't kill them off or the slugs don't eat the Salvias). You just have to be patient.

It's a shame you're going to be letting it out otherwise we'd have got you putting in a veg patch and all sorts in the rest of the garden. ;)

As an aside, is that you encroaching on your neighbour or vice versa? Or were they just pissed when they drew up the deeds? :)

• Like 1

How on earth can you tell those are Salvias? They all look the same to me!

Yeah I do feel like I could turn this into a big project, part of me wishes I was staying so I could sort the bottom of the garden out and turn it into something nice.

No idea about the encroaching. I never even thought about it before! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

How on earth can you tell those are Salvias? They all look the same to me!

Yeah I do feel like I could turn this into a big project, part of me wishes I was staying so I could sort the bottom of the garden out and turn it into something nice.

They looked like them (the ones with red flowers - the purple ones look like Pansies ). My Salvia are already done - they flowered for the last month or so and I cut them back to try and get them to flower again but the slugs had them the night before last. Then again, I have slugs the size of my middle finger in my garden.

Projects are good but they can rather take over and, I imagine, get quite dear.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, the great courgette glut of 2016 has meant I'm in search of some different recipe ideas.

Yesterday's was a courgette, feta and mint frittata.

Today: mozarella, courgette and tomato puff pastry tart. Also looking at doing some sort of a moussaka type thing with courgettes as a substitute for aubergine.

they're pretty good with spaghetti - slice then sprinkle with a little salt, leave them on some kitchen roll for the salt to get some of the moisture out, then after a while you can dash the slices with a little olive oil, and fry or grill them for a few minutes, until they start to colour a little and serve with pasta and black pepper - really tasty.

• Like 1

Â