Gardening

Stevo985

Oh yeah fence panels are high on the agenda. The ones down the left (on those pics) are fine, but the ones at the bottom are awful. I'll be getting some higher ones too to make it more private.

Cheers for the grass advice. I think I'll still rotivate. I need to do something to get rid of the weeds and stuff because it's a mess. If I just chuck grass seed down then surely the weeds will grow anyway?

Also need advice on th ebest way to make my grass green instead of yellow!

where do you live stevo? I do fencing
Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...

King Edward and Maris Piper

Read somewhere that the best spud for frying - ie chips - are Golden Wonder, but you don't often see them in shops unfried.

Have never saw the fascination with gardening. Can always remember my grandad once saying he was going to plant some bulbs in the garden. When me and my gran looked he had planted light bulbs all over the front garden. They stayed in the garden for months, my gran wernt impressed but she saw the funny side in the end. Like when he painted the front of the house claret and blue, no joke.

• Like 1

I watched a gardening program on TV once and the next day I went out and pruned the passion fruit vine ( I did exactly what they said on the gardening program ) The vine died, and the wife was not impressed.

• 2 months later...

Hummmm ....I planted two types of spuds and blight seems to have had its way with one but not the other ....need to respray 

is it defo blight?

is it possible you've planted two types, one is now ready and so the greenery has died off?

pull some up and see if they look edible........

yeah in which case stick with your first idea, give 'em a quick respray and sell 'em off as radishes

nobody every actually eats radishes so as long as they are red people will just stick them in the fridge for a week and then chuck 'em out

Hummmm ....I planted two types of spuds and blight seems to have had its way with one but not the other ....need to respray

Weird. I just came on to post that exact thing. The Maris Pipers seem OK, the King Edwards are blighted as hell, and have had to be hacked down. Big problem on our allotments ATM.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen this thread before. I've gotten into gardening lately. My garden was horribly uneven and patchy a few months ago, so me and my dad rotavated the lot, raked the soil flat and put down new turf (Stevo, I considered seed, like you are, but decided to go for the easier, but more expensive option. I read up on planting grass, and it seemed a bit of a faff). Since then, me and my girlfriend have planted lots of flowers. We've also got thyme, sage, rosemary, chives and mint, which comes in handy. The next job is to fix up a few tatty fences and sort out my slabs.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Â