crowd today....

RimmyJimmer

was fantastic. Sat in the south stand at the other end of the ground with wigan fans. It was impressive to say the least. Wigan fans were good to be fair....one sold me a ticket for a tenner and they did the petrol 19th aswell.

Any video footage from today?....red robin was jumpin :-)

Great that they let Petrov and Lambert onto the pitch before they paraded the FA Cup. Great applause for Stan from all ends as he walked round the pitch.

As an aside one of the funniest thing about today was that loads of Villa fans missed Wigans second and i pointed a bunch of my mates at the scoreboard as they were walking back to their seats and the were amazed a goal had been scored and they hadn't heard the Wigan fans cheering downstairs!!!

Had to laugh at the lad who the stewards were trying to throw out, but he kept slipping past them when a bunch of other fans kicked off, and ran up the stairs to another seat. There was one particular young man who was very aggrieved, and was shouting all manner of unpleasantries in to the ear of one steward. Don't know what started it all though.

i dd notice a lot of the villa fans in the west stand getting thrown out after bents goal

They didn't throw them out. They walked past the stewards who then kindly let them into our end . I had a fair few by me. A few of the Wigan "firm " who seemed to be pre pubescent got lippy at one point but sat down after the bloke I was sitting next to told them to sit down & shut up   :D

Nice touch by Wigan to let em in our side tbf.

Crowd were as usual ace, loving the "all I care about is AVFC" chant n all.

Nice of the players to come throw shirts in, I was a foot away from getting Guzans. The bird that got it was chuffed to bits though.

Â