First Movie You Ever Saw in a Cinema

maqroll

I can remember the first film I saw at the cinema without an adult present. It was the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie. Or what ever it's proper title was. Load of old tosh iirc, didn't even like Power Rangers, but a friend liked it, and his older brother took us.

Edited by hogso

No idea, but it was probably Aristocats, Jungle Book, Fantasia, Song of the South or some such Disney stuff

Actually it might have been Deep Throat...;)

Star Wars at Solihull Cinema. Sat up in the circle and remember it like it was yesterday.

*cue Rob calling me gay for liking Star Wars as he does every feckin time on facebook* ;-)

Talking of shut cinemas (well, I was anyway) does anyone remember the other Odeon in Brum? Smallbrook Queensway I think?

Sure do....been to many a late Saturday (I think) night movie there after a tour of numerous watering establishments about town. Used to get packed out!

Does anybody remember the Gaumont? biggest screen in Europe

Yep. It showed nothing but The Sound of Music for several years in the 1960s.

Little Mermaid. And just a few weeks ago I met the voice of Ursula. (Pat Caroll) She is AWESOME. So nice and she did the Ursula laugh for me. 

Ursula scared the crap out of me when I were a nipper.  She's the reason I don't trust octopuses.

That and I lent one a fiver I never got back.  Spineless gits.

• Like 1

Ursula scared the crap out of me when I were a nipper.  She's the reason I don't trust octopuses.

That and I lent one a fiver I never got back.  Spineless gits.

I see you decided to pass over the "Here's the sick squid I owe you" joke.

• Like 3

First movie I saw in the cinema was Lion King I think.

I do remember going to see Anaconda several years later with my friend and his dad though. I was probably 9 at the time. No idea how we got in. Scared the shit out of me. True story.

Star Wars at Solihull Cinema. Sat up in the circle and remember it like it was yesterday.

*cue Rob calling me gay for liking Star Wars as he does every feckin time on facebook* ;-)

7GNVeXW.jpg

7GNVeXW.jpg

Told you he would! ;-)

I feel sorry for anyone who saw Star Wars as their first film.  As a kid, whether you liked it or not, its a spectacle thats hard to top!

Edited by Nigel

• 4 weeks later...
Â