First Movie You Ever Saw in a Cinema

maqroll

I think mine was Lady and the Tramp. I still remember right up to the film actually starting that I didn't know what was going on.

I remember being told we were going to "the cinema" but I had no idea what that was. And for some reason, I didn't ask. Or if I did, I didn't understand the answer.

So I sat there, waiting for these curtains to open, frankly absolutely terrified.

Delightful once it started though, obviously.

First film I saw when it was actually released for the first time was one of the Home Alones I think. I think it must have been 2 as I'd have only been 4 when the first one was released.

Krzysztof Kieslowski's Trois Couleurs Bleu

It was either that or Beethoven. Can't quite remember which. They're practically the same film anyway.

• Like 2

I was taken to Transformers: The Movie but I don't remember it.

Back to the Future part 2 is the first memory of the cinema. Followed by Robin Hood prince of theives

In that order were my first 3 movies.

probably Bambi or Jungle book  .. but my Dad took me to see Jaws at the cinema on it's release as well so it could have been that ( I was 5  when it came out !!)

Wasn't Jaws an "X" ? Or at least an "A" ?

I lived in Kent at that time , the only rules we lived by were don't covet your neighbours Apple tree and don't steal their tractor  

I think it was a PG ( edit .. PG wasn't around then was it ? so not sure what it was  )  , but my dad watched it on his own and then took me and my brother as he enjoyed it so much and clearly didn't see it as scary !!

Edited by tonyh29

E.T.

that was probably the first "pirate " film I ever watched on VHS

tracking went out a few times but other than that it was watchable

Oh how times have moved on since a VHS cassette being passed around the neighbours

Between the ages of 4 aqnd 7 we lived in London and my dad used to take me here:  http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/1248

It was a little cinema above Victoria station that showed cartoons.  I thought it was the greatest most magical place in the world at that age.  The first proper feature film I can remember seeing was either For Your Eyes Only or Clash of the Titans.  We were exceedingly poor when I was a kid!

Can remember watching films like Transformers at home but can't really remember cinema trips.  Possibly Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I imagine my folks would've taken me to see that.

Sam Rockwell was in the original TMNT movie, incidentally.

rockwelltmnt909.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEV

Â