• Delph
    • Sylla
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Dawkins (for Sylla 59)
    • Bowery (for Agbonlahor 74)
    • Gardner (for Westwood 87)

It was so funny when everyone in the Red Robin beer garden spotted the Jimmy Savile fancy dress guy... to say he got it both barrels would be a massive understatement!

Him breakdancing at the coppers when they walked past was gold, fffing hilarious.

Wasn't a vintage game. Sloppy and there's some players (Bent, Dawkins) who I don't want here next season. Weimann worst game in a Villa shirt for me. Westwood was slack. Delph his usual ebullient self. I thought Bennett had a quite good game though we'll get the usual "he's shit ad should be replaced" despite the fact Wigan seemed to constantly attack down the right and he generally swept up their attacks each time. In fact the most effective Wigan attacks were down their left, our RIGHT, where Lowton (who was clearly unfit) wasn't closing down Maloney and Espinoza and Westwood was doing his damn best to be as useless as possible in that area too.

But hey ho. The first goal was well worked by them, but Lowton shouldn't have given Espinoza all that space and Bennett should've tracked Boyce.

Their second was a combination of a stupid corner to give away for me, (Weimann) and half poor defending half rotten luck. How many unlucky o.g.s have we scored!? Wasn't a great result but when Benteke was missing, Weimann was missing (metaphorically) and we were burdened with Bent (who took his goal well but generally didn't offer much in an attacking position) we weren't atrocious. Vlaar's goal was amazing looking at it. Quality finish.

In the crowd though was immense. All I can say is to the fans who are "glad they don't go" if it's a crap game/result, you are clearly missing the point of being a football fan. It's to have fun and sing your heart out. Football tends to be secondary.... ah well.

Great to send off Stan, and clap the team after securing safety and 15th place. Onwards and upwards. We go again

Â