• Delph
    • Sylla
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Dawkins (for Sylla 59)
    • Bowery (for Agbonlahor 74)
    • Gardner (for Westwood 87)

i loved it how that song took off, some bloke in the pub outside started it up about 11.30 by himself absolutely smashed, strange how some of his dave whelan songs werent as popular...

I was stood next to him at the bar in the Red Robin for about half an hour!

Literally just got home! what a cracking day that was. Left Bournemouth at 5.30 this morning and nearly 19 hours later we got back happy. Wasn't expecting a great game typical end of season stuff. MOTM Vlaar for his goal!

The best part of today was the crowd - the atmosphere at the Villa end was fantastic and I have lost my voice now!

We don't care about Wigan, they don't care about me, All I care about is A.V.F.C!

Next season looking forward to singing:

We don't care about Blue Scum, they don't care about me, All I care about is A.V.F.C!

Whatever about the performance and result, main thing I'm annoyed about is that they scored in the 19th minute. We'd gone 37 games where I was worried that someone would score during it but against wigan we started with an attack and I relaxed, then Boyce pops us and scored. The time on sky sports shows 20 but when I checked on my stream it was 19:55

I guess Lambo wanted to see Dawkins and Bowery before the season ends and give the run for Gardner since he's been injured for the season but I can't understand why he didn't sub Weimann.

Weimann? Shop window? Could be Lambert has his own ideas about what we need next season. Maybe Weimann is not among them?

Well he hasn't played well for a while - how many goals over the last 10 games. Has one season wonder written all over him

Weimann, one season wonder?

FFS.

I think it's a valid concern at this stage. Wiemann has had a great season but that doesn't make him a great player and we've all seen lots of youngsters have a great year only to fade away. I still fear Benteke could suffer from second season syndrome next year and then we would be in serious trouble.

FFS end of the season thinking positively

Just a walk through really. Players look relieved that the season is over. It's not easy to play so many high pressure relegation battles in a row so I suppose I can forgive them for going to the beach early.

Crowd looked like they were having a blast though

Whatever about the performance and result, main thing I'm annoyed about is that they scored in the 19th minute. We'd gone 37 games where I was worried that someone would score during it but against wigan we started with an attack and I relaxed, then Boyce pops us and scored. The time on sky sports shows 20 but when I checked on my stream it was 19:55

I noticed that during the game and was disappointed too.

Not much to take from this game - both clubs were at the beach already. We could use some strengthening defensively and we have to work on our set pieces. Most of the corners, free kicks and even throw-ins were just pub level stuff.

Meh. Kinda representative of our whole season - a couple of great goals (Vlaar's was excellent), but sloppy defending undoing us again. And more puzzling subs. Sylla looked a little off the mark today, I would have brought Gardner on for him, left Gabby on, and brought on N'Zogbia for Weimann who has just looked exhausted the last couple of games (not surprisingly either, he's worked his tail off this season). Not sure I would have brought Bowery or Dawkins on at all.

CB and LB for next season please. Roll on 2013-14.

Really slack game.Lambert had the chance to show us how far the team have got under his management and he did`nt take it.

I fear that next season will be similar to this one ?!

Was a entertaining end of season game. Credit to both sides to make it interesting. Both cant defend so goals were expected really.Like everyone says defence again rubbish today but Vlaar dug us out of a hole.  Guzan was not a happy camper at all with them. I was right at the front of the stand and I didnt really see the goal ! Draw probably a fair result. Credit to wigan for clapping Petrov's 19th minute, and fair play to them winning the cup.  I really didnt expect Petrov to come out at the end,what a moment.Its always one of the best away days so they will be missed in that respect. Does anyone know what the attendance was- cant mind it anywhere in the media?

I don't know why he took gabby off ?

Our chance to win the game evaporated with that substitution .

Hopefully that's the last we'll see of Dawkins. I guess all managers have the odd bemusing signing

I guess Lambo wanted to see Dawkins and Bowery before the season ends and give the run for Gardner since he's been injured for the season but I can't understand why he didn't sub Weimann.

Weimann? Shop window? Could be Lambert has his own ideas about what we need next season. Maybe Weimann is not among them?

Well he hasn't played well for a while - how many goals over the last 10 games. Has one season wonder written all over him

Weimann, one season wonder?

FFS.

I think it's a valid concern at this stage. Wiemann has had a great season but that doesn't make him a great player and we've all seen lots of youngsters have a great year only to fade away. I still fear Benteke could suffer from second season syndrome next year and then we would be in serious trouble.

FFS end of the season thinking positively

I'm really positive about our team, have been all season and am looking forward to next season. Players like Benteke and Wiemann have shown they have fantastic talent and I hope they'll continue to show it next season. But it doesn't stop me being concerned that some players won't maintain the standards they set themselves this season. Just as I expect players that have been below standard this season to do better next term.

Its only a little thing but I still cant't find the attendance for this anywhere! Looked at the BBC, Telegraph, Guardian, Mail, and both club websites. Did Wigan sell us a few extra tickets on the qt, and not bother to report it?!

One Wigan site reported 'a 24k sellout' which was clearly bullshit as there were loads of empty seats in the home end.

Its only a little thing but I still cant't find the attendance for this anywhere! Looked at the BBC, Telegraph, Guardian, Mail, and both club websites. Did Wigan sell us a few extra tickets on the qt, and not bother to report it?!

One Wigan site reported 'a 24k sellout' which was clearly bullshit as there were loads of empty seats in the home end.

Empty seats my lord, empty seats ;) One of the worst away games, or games in general I've been to, just didn't have a feeling to it, was still great being in the away end though, always is :) MOTM I voted for Sylla, thought he worked tirelessly in the midfield with the nippy similar sounding Scottish twins around him, not sure how the **** Vlaar got it expect for his goal he was dreadful, physically bossed by Kone for majority of spells in the game; just shows he needs an experienced partner next to him next season.

Haven't still ant got my voice (Bolton girl next to him) but don't really care, 'I don't care about Wigan, they don't care about me, all I care about is AVFC'  :D

Edited by Avflife

Best one I saw was a lad as Milhouse. Covered himself in yellow body paint, blue eyebrows the lot. Brilliant

That was fantastic.

Â